All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Questioning the ads on this site
      #364419 - 04/22/11 09:48 AM
SweetTony

Reged: 11/17/10
Loc: Maine

At the bottom of this website are several ad links leading to various treatments/cures for IBS. Does anyone have any info on them? I clicked on the "IBS Relief In 4 Days" and it all sounds so credible. Is it a scam or something that we all should be trying? I hate to spend money on a scam but, then again, I have already dropped some serious money towards my IBS and I feel the same or worse than I did when I started. So at this point I would buy the Brooklin Bridge. Anyone?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Questioning the ads on this site new
      #364420 - 04/22/11 10:00 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Be careful of the ads. They are Google commericial ads that have little if anything to do with the IBS information on this board. They generate a little extra income when people click on them and apparently the revenue helps keep the board going. However, these ads are misleading and usually are they are ads for IBS products that aren't useful and sometimes harmful.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

The graphics ads on the boards (the ones that have pictures) new
      #364421 - 04/22/11 12:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

are a part of this site, I post them myself, and they are trustworthy.

The plain text ads that say "Ads by Google" are not inherently a part of this site, and I don't have control over what ads Google runs. Use your own judgment if you view them. I've seen Google ads that are for good things and Google ads that are for things I would not trust.

As Syl said, the ads on the site help support the cost of running the message boards (which take a massive amount of bandwidth, server space, and sometimes costly IT work).

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2003 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review