All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Super simple dinners?
      #363383 - 02/09/11 04:15 AM
Amyece

Reged: 02/03/11

I am trying to come up with some simple weeknight dinner ideas. Just plain and quick. What are your go to's?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Super simple dinners? new
      #363390 - 02/09/11 08:36 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

Grilled chicken breast, crock pot boneless/skinless turkey or chicken breast cooked with broth and seasoning of your choice, baked potatoes, rice....These are my "fall back" things and they are easy.

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

I do breakfast for dinner... new
      #363393 - 02/09/11 10:53 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

French toast (make with soy/rice milk and egg whites), or scrambled egg whites on toasted English muffins, grilled veggie sausages.

I'll throw some sliced bananas on the French toast with a little maple syrup and add some tomato slices (and fresh basil if I have it) to the English muffins. If you have some canned tuna or salmon you can whisk that into the scrambled egg whites as they cook.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#363395 - 02/09/11 01:49 PM
seattleite

Reged: 01/07/10
Loc: Seattle

When i have 0 time to cook:
Bruscheta- toasted french bread (pref. in the oven..with a little evoo sprinkled on top), tomato, basil, evoo, balsalmic vinegar
Pita "pizza"- pita or naan bread, tomato sauce, add toppings (i like a few olives, bell peppers, eggplant),bit of feta or goat cheese if i'm on a good streak, put in oven

Pasta-add veggies or tuna, little EVOO and salt and peper, or tomato sauce, basil

Amy's canned soups-make sure no dairy

Veggie or Chx stir fry- add rice, any veggies you have, soy sauce or teriyaki sauce of some kind and saute

Tacos- canned beans, grill thin chx breast, avocado, corn tortillas, salsa, etc.

--------------------
IBS-D since 2008, female in her 20s

#363399 - 02/09/11 04:33 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

my husbands favorite is buger and fries or sloppy joes. Oridea mash poatoes in a bag just mircowave them and add your own milk and butter they also make a sweet poatoe to! I love them if its late night we make them and cook up some safe deli tureky and make turkey manhattens make a gravy with one cup of broth with 1 table spoon cornstarch, add a salad or some green beans and you have a quick meal. Poatoes soup in the crockpot, crockpot chicken stew, taco salad made with zuchunnie and carrots. biscuits and gravu mde with some the white sauce on here. Theres a few hope this helps.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 307 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review