All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Original Lays < Baked! Lays?
      #363287 - 02/02/11 04:29 PM
NASCARAFN161

Reged: 01/09/11

Today, I officially started eating Frito Lays' Baked! Lays potato chips. You see, recently I wanted to safely eat snacks that are IBS-healthy. And who is the king of snacks (in my opnion )? Frito Lay, of course. Just some days ago, I started munching on Rold Gold, which are already IBS-healthy, as I recall. But I've taken interest in their Baked! line of treats. I looked it up, and from my research, I believe baked chips and snacks like Lays are a great substitution for original Lays, and still tastes great! But, I'd just like to make sure if that was a good move, because, as my new IBS-motto goes, better to be safe then sorry! Oh, and also I'd like to know if Baked! Cheetos are safe, too.
Thanks a lot! LONG LIVE BAKED SNACKS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Original Lays < Baked! Lays? new
      #363293 - 02/02/11 07:18 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Baked Lays are great, actually better tasting than the other. Don't know about the Cheetos...don't much care for them. The Golds are good too.

Glad to see you are moving in a healthier direction. This isn't the best yet, but a bit better than Kit Kats.

Remember, it isn't just about IBS, but overall health also.

#363295 - 02/03/11 02:07 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

Baked Lays are wonderful to eat as a snack. I eat them all the time. However the baked cheetos wouldn't be good because they contain milk products. If you look at the ingredients list you'll see it contains that.

#363296 - 02/03/11 04:20 AM
NASCARAFN161

Reged: 01/09/11

Thanks, both of you! Now, I love the fact that baked Lays are way healthier than regular, greasy lays. But, according to the Frito Lay website, I believe the only difference between the two is the fact that Baked! Lays have onions. More specifically they say that the original Lays are onion-free. Is there something wrong with onions or something? :/

#363297 - 02/03/11 05:11 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Just wanted to let ya know, you sound a lot like me when I was 14 and found out I had IBS. Its not easy, especially if you dont know how to prepare real healthy foods. So, what I would do was try to find IBS friendly snacks that weren't at all healthy but something I could tolerate and buy easily on my own. If you eat just snack foods though (not saying you do, but its easier to follow the diet this way when you are young) whether they are IBS friendly or not, in the long run your IBS will get worse. I think I am paying for my eating habits now that I had in my teens. Just make sure you dont forget to eat healthy meats, fruits, and vegetables. Mske sure to cook your food, because eating all cold and snacky foods whether you can tolerate them now, you will pay later! I wish I could go back in time and start better eating habits, please dont make the mistake I did!

You can also eat Popped Chips, Baked Tostitos, and Baked Kettle Chips. -nt- new
      #363301 - 02/03/11 11:58 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 400 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2828

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review