All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gas from acacia tummy fiber
      #362006 - 11/11/10 11:25 PM
eagles20

Reged: 02/13/09
Loc: NJ/Philly area

I just started taking this about a week ago. I barely take a half a teaspoon, and I am still having so much gas. Is this normal? Does it get better? How long should I keep taking it, because I can't leave the house when I take it. Or are my bowels not cut out for this product? Thank so much and God bless you all!

--------------------
I suffer from anxiety, depression, IBS, and lactose intolerance. I think they are all related. If anyone has any suggestions or just want to talk, shoot me an email. I'd love to talk to people with similar symptoms, people who can understand what I am going through. I am also waiting for a kidney transplant. Thanks and God bless you all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas from acacia tummy fiber new
      #362014 - 11/12/10 12:38 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - try taking 1/4 level teaspoon, twice daily, mixed right into meals. Some people just have to start more slowly, and increase more gradually.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#362015 - 11/12/10 03:46 PM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

hi, i had to increase very gradually over about 6 weeks. i was gassy at first, but it gradually went away and i have not been bloated at all for over 2 months, and the gas is 1000 times better. don't give up! the acacia fiber was a miracle for me. just go slowly and be patient! good luck

--------------------
stable IBS-A

#362030 - 11/14/10 03:17 PM
rasputin

Reged: 02/15/08

its also possible that it simply won't work for you in the end. Thats what I went through. I got the most help from the FODMAP diet.

#362053 - 11/15/10 11:19 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

definitely. the acacia fiber is what really helped me, but i tried many things before i found something that works!

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1781

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review