All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gallbladder removed and IBS
      #361922 - 11/05/10 05:43 PM
EdithB

Reged: 11/05/10

I had my gallbladder removed almost 3 months ago. I was sick for 7 months prior to removal and was down to eating one meal/day and having trouble with all foods. My gallbladder had no stones, just was chronically inflamed. I also have IBS-D and am now having more issues with eating than ever before. My main question is will the acacia fiber help with this? Any other tips that post lap chole patients with IBS have would be greatly appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Check the article all about this new
      #361923 - 11/05/10 06:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

right here gallbladder removal and IBS

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Check the article all about this new
      #361924 - 11/05/10 07:04 PM
EdithB

Reged: 11/05/10

Thank you Heather

Re: Check the article all about this new
      #361937 - 11/07/10 03:56 AM
Tilad

Reged: 04/30/07

I have come on today to ask heather the same question,LOL, I had my gall bladder removed 44 years ago, and I have had trouble since then. I bought some Benefiber, seem to be okay, but last night in bed,I had loads of wind, it went on for ages, rumbling,enough wind to fly a kite. I take a teaspoon in the morning, and tea-time. I have your book, been following it. printed out the link letter, will take it to doctors.

Re: Gallbladder removed and IBS new
      #361959 - 11/08/10 06:57 PM
RobynroseM

Reged: 11/07/10
Loc: East Waikato, New Zealand

In response to Gallbladder removed and IBS It has answered a lot of my question. In 1967 I had a whipples op plus my Gall Bladder removed and whilst I had a sensitive gut/lazy bowel prior to this it was nothing in comparison to what I experienced after the op, and still am, re food/bloating and constipation. It became so bad 18months ago I had a bowel op where I had 2 intersuceptions repaired and redundant bowel removed plus a prolapse repaired. I seem to be worse off now than I was before. Over the last year I have been treated for depression. (I wonder why?) Three days ago I found this website and I have delved into all the subjects before writing this post. I have also stayed on a SF diet only for the last two days and I believe I have found part of the answer. Thank God for your Website... At the present I still have quite a lot of dragging pain, especially after a bowel movement. At what stage would you recommend I add IF. I have been dairy free for 9 years now however occasionally slip up. The same applies to wheat. I do intend trying white bread though...
Cheers Robyn

--------------------
When life hands you scraps make quilts

I'd give it 4 days or so.... new
      #361971 - 11/09/10 01:42 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and then carefully expand your diet following the guidelines here under "break the cycle" expanding your diet

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2575

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review