Pages: 1
Dear Heather
      #360080 - 08/02/10 01:19 PM
LindaLouise

Reged: 07/20/03
Loc: Toronto, Canada

[image]http://public.me.com/i.mackenzie/linda.jpg[/image]
Dear Heather

This is a letter of gratitude for your book Eating for IBS. As you can see from my photograph, the book has been extremely well used!

When I developed and was diagnosed with IBS about 8 years ago, I was given little guidance regarding diet. Desperate to manage the pain, I searched the bookstores in Toronto where I live. All I came across were IBS cookbooks that gave recipes for things I knew from experience would trigger spasms, such as fats and raw vegetables. Then I found your book on the shelf, and even reading bits of it in the store made me realize that at last I had found someone who "got it"!

Since then I have used your recipes and followed your eating guidelines religiously with tremendous results. If I stick to the program—and I haven't found it onerous to do so because the recipes are so delicious—then most of the time I am symptom-free. I have made almost every recipe in the book, most of them many, many times. My husband loves good food and can eat anything, yet he does not feel he has suffered at all from eating on my diet! Now that he has to cut back on fats himself, he is glad to have this assistance as well.

I really appreciate all the effort and concern for others that you have put into the book. I simply cannot imagine life without it.
It's obvious I need a new copy, but mine is so well marked that I don't think I am ready to replace it!

Sincerely,

Linda Pelton

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thank you so much!! That is wonderful to hear.. new
      #360083 - 08/02/10 02:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and it really makes my day. I love it when people don't feel like they have to give up good food just to have good health!

I'm not sure why your image isn't showing, by the way. When I go directly to that link I don't see the image itself, just a link to the image, which may be the problem. The image needs to be visible on the browser page.

Would you mind if I use your comments in the IBS Newsletter? I'd love for other people to hear what you have to say.

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Thank you so much!! That is wonderful to hear.. new
      #360087 - 08/02/10 02:43 PM
LindaLouise

Reged: 07/20/03
Loc: Toronto, Canada

Sure! You could download the image from the URL at the top of my message. If you would like I can post the image at a higher resolution, or with different dimensions.

Linda

Thank you! new
      #360088 - 08/02/10 02:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

When we had the IBS Fall Sprawl in Vegas a few years ago, people had a contest to compare how trashed their copies of the cookbook were. I can't remember who won, but my own copy was a close second as much of the back cover is burned off (from where I set it on the stove by accident) and the whole thing is a water logged, stained mess. But it has all my notes in it....I can't give that up!

-H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

And love the pic!!! -nt- new
      #360089 - 08/02/10 02:51 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

Re: Thank you! new
      #360099 - 08/03/10 12:36 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review