All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rye bread
      #358990 - 06/01/10 04:33 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I always used to eat seedless rye bread and then stopped becuase I read it was not good. I tried a slice of rye toast and was fine with it. I only had one piece, Im wondering if Id still be ok with a sandwich? Should I be careful not to do this on an empty stomach? I have heard so many different opinions on this over the years and am still confused. How many of you eat rye bread and if you do is there a better, healthier brand to buy?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I have no problem with seedless rye or pumpernickel... new
      #359001 - 06/01/10 12:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

though whole wheat can really cause me problems. I've heard similar things from other folks, so it may be that the whole grains in rye/pumpernickel are either more tolerable for IBS, or simply used in smaller quantities. Usually rye and pumpernickel breads have white flour (refined wheat) as their main ingredient.

If you tolerate it, that's great, and you can use it for some extra whole grains in your diet.

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I have no problem with seedless rye or pumpernickel... new
      #359029 - 06/02/10 03:06 PM
Jenny B

Reged: 03/27/07
Loc: Montana

I eat rye bread for toast in the morning. I eat the Food for Life wheat free rye bread and I have never had any problems with it. They make some other great breads too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2567

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review