All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Have any of you tried this?
      #358637 - 05/14/10 03:54 PM
ibsKiller

Reged: 05/13/10

http://www.fibermenace.com/gutsense/ibs.html

have any of you tried it? or do you think hes just trying to sell products. his background and article does seem convincig.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sorry - this is far outside the IBS dietary guidelines for this board new
      #358642 - 05/14/10 04:51 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and also outside the realm of good health and common sense. I just can't have a thread on this.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Sorry - this is far outside the IBS dietary guidelines for this board new
      #358651 - 05/15/10 08:45 AM
ibsKiller

Reged: 05/13/10

Would someone kindly explain how this is absurd/outside of common sense. our condition is abusrd and the fact that we can hardly eat things is absurd too. I know one person who healed his ibs using this method.

Can somebody at least explain why the approach is wrong/if they have tested it. As I say the fact that we can barely eat most food is absurd maybe trying such a diet could help?

#358654 - 05/15/10 10:19 AM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

"This guide debunks the universally accepted view that the causes of irritable bowel syndrome are unknown, describes them one by one, and explains how to eliminate each one safely and permanently. This information is particularly important for persons in the high-risk group for ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, and colon cancer because the conventional diagnostic and treatment of IBS raises these risks considerably."

The cause of IBS is NOT completely known. However they do know some things about it.

IBS does not put one in a higher rish for inflammatory bowel disease or cancer. That is a TOTAL lie.

IBS is also a distint clinical entity. It IS NOT a waste paper basket diagnoses.

Do not trust that site for IBS information.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

#358680 - 05/16/10 06:05 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I looked at this site and I really don't trust it. Stating with a quote from the site

"According to the Merck Manual, IBS is a partially "psychosocial" condition. Essentially, this means that patients with IBS are psychotic individuals, whose own mental attitudes contribute to intermittent constipation, diarrhea, and abdominal pain."

Psychosocial does not mean psychotic. It's a a deliberate misuse to set the reader against conventional medicine and trust his site.

I read over some of the information and couldn't find any blow by blow advice on what to do to treat your IBS. It appears you have to buy his book and products to relieve your constipation.

By contrast this site has everything you need to know about EFI on the site. There's even free recipes on the board. You only need to buy Heather's products if you want to.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3079 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2670

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review