All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Uh Has Anybody Here Actually Recovered From IBS Or Is This Just a Myth? new
      #357974 - 04/23/10 08:30 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

And for all you people who have stablizied, glad for you.
I wish I and the rest of were able to.

Glad YOU got so lucky because I've been working on curing this like it's my job, and failed like I'm incompotent.

I'm glad YOU have been able to be so lucky.
I'd like to know why YOU were able to stablize when I FOLLOWED Heather's diet, have pretty much lived like a hermit, and still AM NOT STABLE.

What have I done wrong and why I AM CURSED?

What's the difference between you stable people and me?
Why has your efforts paid off and why has mine haven't?
What makes you so much more lucky and deserving?

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG TO NOT GET STABLE?
I FOLLOWED Heather's DIET, I get 20 grams of fiber a day...WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#357975 - 04/23/10 08:32 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

I also get the "exercise does nothing for me" sentiments. I have a very small frame - am 5'4" and 122 lbs, yet I have the stomach of a much larger person. Coupled with "chicken legs and chicken arms", it ain't pretty. It NEVER goes away completely. You'll never catch me in a bikini - EVER - but this doesn't ruin my life. I wear a one piece!

THAT'S NOT FAIR! THAT'S NOT FAIR AT ALL. THAT'S MESSED UP!

So you're telling me that no matter how hard I diet and exercise, I am going to be stuck looking fat, bloated, and scrawny?
WHAT ON EARTH DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?

WE SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THIS.
I came to this site thinking Heather could change it, why isn't HER methods working?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Zara new
      #357977 - 04/23/10 08:45 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Interesting site. Thanks for the link.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

A little ancient wisdom new
      #357979 - 04/23/10 09:28 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

At least ancient in IBS Board terms.

Once upon a time there was a huge - I mean HUGE - thread on the Boards about whether Heather's approach worked for IBS-C. There were more than 100 posts in that thread but when the dust settled, Stephie and AmandaPanda had said all that needed to be said.

Anyone who is angry at Heather; anyone who has been on the Boards for 5 years (or 4 or 3 or 2) and is complaining that they're not getting relief; and anyone who believes that IBS-D is so much easier to live with than IBS-C - or vice versa - should read Stephie's post in its entirety; it's too long to quote the whole thing here.

I am going to quote the meat of AmandaPanda's very short post:

Quote:

Well I was D, and now I'm A. And let me just say, asking if D or C is better is like asking if you'd rather be burned alive or eaten by sharks. It's a silly debate. We all suffer, and nobody gets extra points for having a worse situation.

Newbies: This board is about Heather's recommendations. Try them for a few months -- I'd say 6 months minimum -- and then if they don't work, go elsewhere. That's all.

Got that? Six months. Heather has never claimed her approach works for everyone and if it's not working for you - for anyone - after six months (or 5 years), it's not going to suddenly start working tomorrow. There are lots and lots and lots of other people out there who claim to be able to fix your IBS. If what Heather suggests doesn't do it for you, try one of them.

Or as Stephie says:

Quote:

If this diet hasn't helped you, I am so very sorry. I am sorry that you are suffering and furthermore I am sorry that because this diet is the thing that helped ME that I don't have any other ideas for you. I wish that the diet was a perfect fix for everyone, but clearly it isn't. The same as anything else.

If you need to go elsewhere to try other diets and things, we aren't telling you not to. If the diet doesn't work for you, there is no reason for any of us to demand that you carry on with it... we don't get anything out of that! If you find something else that works, and hang around here for the support and some of the other ideas (exercise, herbal teas, stuff like that) then great! But please, don't get aggressive with the people who are only trying to help.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#357981 - 04/23/10 10:09 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

IBS is very tricky to manage. There's no cure, but you can get it under control to the point where you are pain-free.

I am a guru when it comes to this. I've had IBS all of my life. I use a combined approach to controlling my IBS. Heather's diet forms the basis of that approach. However, I go further in some areas, including eating organic and stay away from most prepared foods.

For example, I would never touch Lay's Baked Potato chips! They are full of chemicals and bound to be irritating to someone with IBS. On the other hand, Kettle makes a wonderful plain baked potato chip that tastes great and contains just three ingredients -- potatoes, a little cooking oil and salt. It is very safe if you have IBS.

If you want help, please e-mail me at belinda958@yahoo.ca and I'll be happy to do what I can to get you pain-free and feeling better.

There are no magic solutions. However, you can learn to control IBS ... instead of letting it control you. My guess is you are eating things right now that you don't realize are aggravating your IBS.

I hope you feel better soon.

Belinda

This pretty much says it all - thanks Sand. -nt- new
      #357983 - 04/23/10 11:02 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 718 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review