All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help for stupid !!!
      #357572 - 04/08/10 09:50 AM
LindaDB

Reged: 02/10/10
Loc: Maryland

Hi guy's,boy am I new,and STUPID ! IBS-D 7 months.When it first started I thought I had really bad stomach flu,diarrhea 2 wks.24/7 out of the blue! My DR. gave me meds and they helped about 40 percent.I found Heather's site and got the book and fiber and followed the diet and took the fiber every day.I was feeling better,my DR.changed my meds.to Lomax to relax my gut,since I was stressing out every morning trying to get out the door to go to work.(the mornings were the worst)So with the IBS diet,fiber and meds.I was getting to work just about every day. Now comes the STUPID part !!! My friend took me to see her "Natural Pharmacist" he told me to go on a gluten free diet for Celiac.And like an idiot,I did ! It was total opposite of the IBS diet. Well,I ate good....lots of fruit,veggies,eggs and red meat and so on. I got Sooooo sick and weak from diarrhea,with in 2 wks.I lost 6 lbs.and could hardly stand without shaking.I called my DR. he said get right back on the IBS diet,you do not have Celiac. That was on March 29th. I'm doing better but very weak,and missing more work again. I'm drinking energy drinks and eating like I'm supposed to.And taking my vitamins again (which I had stopped because they contained Gluten) STUPID !!! I was only on the Gluten free 2 wks. I was doing better before,but wanted to be even better.I know,I know....STUPID ! What can I do to get my energy back,or will it just take time? I'm going next week for blood work to retest my thyroid,I just know it's going to show HIGH LEVELS OF STUPID ! I can't believe I listened to a pill pusher. I was 135 lbs. now I'm 125 lbs. I need to gain some weight back,any idea's ??? Sorry for the long story,THANKS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hang in there.... new
      #357580 - 04/08/10 12:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

keep doing what you're doing and things should stabilize.

To get back on track more quickly you can break the cycle here.

For gaining weight info, check the diet FAQ about that here gaining weight while eating for IBS.

Just FYI for other folks who do have to go gluten free, that is something pretty easy to combine with the IBS diet, you don't have to do one or the other. So no worries....

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Hang in there.... new
      #357587 - 04/08/10 01:41 PM
LindaDB

Thank you Heather,I'll never leave you again !

Help for LindaDB... new
      #357640 - 04/10/10 08:19 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Hi there. I'm a shift worker and tried "energy drinks". They made my diarrhea worse then if I just had a coke or pepsi. Try a cup of organic Yerba Mate tea & some honey.

When I'm doing real poorly I live on grilled chicken breasts, white rice, french bread, pretzels, and bananas until I get stable. And there's nothing wrong with using some Imodium to help slow things down.

And don't forget the fiber. Acacia works the best for me.

Hope that helps some and you start feeling better.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Help for LindaDB... new
      #357774 - 04/13/10 01:48 PM
LindaDB

Hi,thanks for your help. By energy drinks I'm drinking Ensure and banana and soy milk smoothies,I also made the rice pudding with tummy fiber.And snacking on the rice and corn chex,pretzel with honey mix.I'm feeling better.Hope I'm doing the right things.I'm taking 2tsp of tummy fiber 4 times a day....hope that's ok ? New to all of this !

Re: Help for LindaDB... new
      #357777 - 04/13/10 03:30 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Take a look at this web page and this web page

Glad your feeling better.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

This all sounds good... new
      #357778 - 04/13/10 03:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

just double check the ingredients in the Ensure. There might be some dairy ingredients or a high fat content in there.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5717 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2349

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review