All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: College Food- going in another direction new
      #357416 - 04/06/10 06:41 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Change is always stressful but sometimes worrying about it is worse than the actual change.

I think Syl has a great idea to plan your meals out and then you can relax and not worry about it. I find that planning things helps me relax about a situation and makes me feel more in control. It may work for you too. If your meals are planned then you can just enjoy the rest of the college experience and not worry about what you are going to eat.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#357419 - 04/06/10 07:42 AM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

I think the best advice from you & syl would be to not worry/obsess over it.
I'm not really a "planner," especially since my appetite changes from hour to hour. Ill just try to think about smart meal choices when I'm preparing/eating, and not anytime else

Syl had great advice about a schedule... new
      #357439 - 04/06/10 11:53 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and if you really want to address stress/anxiety/worry as an IBS component gut-directed hypnotherapy would stop that cycle.

That may be swatting a fly with semitruck at this point, but if you do end up having serious problems with this look into the hypnotherapy.

There's a ton of info starting here hypnosis for IBS

It's an ace up your sleeve at least...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#357440 - 04/06/10 11:55 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Planning for me is making sure that I have safe foods to eat. I never know from one meal to the next what I will be in the mood to eat. I do plan where bathrooms are when I am away from home which helps me feel more in control of the situation. Part of being stable is automatically sticking to the foods that are safe and won't make you sick. Also, not having to always think or worry about your IBS is another part of being stable.

It sounds like you have a good handle on things and that you will have great experience going to college.

--------------------
Janey

News article just came out about this topic new
      #357630 - 04/09/10 01:34 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

in the Boston Globe

Might be helpful?

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: News article just came out about this topic new
      #357914 - 04/20/10 03:27 PM
mcem222

Reged: 12/21/08

Nice read!

I contact the head of dining at where I'm going.
I was technically diagnosed with an allergy to lactose and gluten (not severe- but according to the doc, any food which your symptoms improve off of is an allergen), so maybe I could use that to get special accomodations

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 437 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review