All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
missed doses of acacia fiber
      #354635 - 01/16/10 05:25 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I've been sick with a yucky bug the last few days. This is my third day without my usual 4 tablespoons of acacia fiber. I want to start up again tomorrow. Should I have any problem starting straight away with my usual dose after being off for 3 days in a row? Or should I start on a lower dose, and if so, how much should I take?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: missed doses of acacia fiber new
      #354639 - 01/16/10 07:07 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Hey Jen,

It's soooo nice to see you back!

Well Heather is probably the best one to answer this question, however I will say that if it were me I would probably half the amount of tummy fiber for now and see how well you tolerate this after having been off of it for 3 days. You'll probably be just fine, though less is better until you know how your own body reacts.

Also, do remember to eat those well-cooked root veggies, rice, perhaps a little pasta, sip chicken or veggie broth with a little rice added to it, munch on sourdough bread, drink peppermint tea, etc.

You know the routine and what you can personally tolerate.

I do hope you feel better VERY soon!

Hugs to you!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: missed doses of acacia fiber new
      #354640 - 01/16/10 07:26 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hey Jen, glad to see you stopped back, even if only briefly! I don't know about the acacia, because I don't use it. I use benefiber, acacia did not work for me. I just wanted to say hi!

You could drop down a bit... new
      #354659 - 01/18/10 09:23 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

to 3 tablespoons or so for a day or two. But honestly, 4 tablespoons is a significant dose so if you're used to that then missing it for just a few days probably won't do anything to your tolerance level.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 633 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1753

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review