All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please! Everyone read and take to heart before posting...
      #354263 - 01/08/10 12:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'm getting overwhelmed with complaints about threads, posters, arguments, the general atmosphere on the boards, and more.

If I locked every thread and banned every poster who has someone unhappy with them right now, the boards would be dead in the water.

A few ground rules, please:

If you have a problem with a specific post that you think is inappropriate to the boards, to the point that the post should be removed or the thread locked, DO NOT post about it! Simply email us at Help@HelpForIBS.com, with the link to the specific post, and we'll take care of it.

If you have a problem with a specific poster who has a point of view you simply cannot agree with, please feel free to respectfully disagree with them but if, after one reply post, it's clear that there will be no agreement on the matter, LET IT DROP. There is no point to arguing back and forth.

If a viewpoint is put forth that is clearly contradictory to the focus of the boards entirely, again, let us know with a quick email.

If you have a lot of information and research to share with others, please DO NOT repeatedly copy and paste the info directly into your post. Put links to long articles and studies in your post instead. And please don't keep reposting the same info over and over again in the same thread. This does not convince people, it just annoys them.

I'm trying my best to keep the boards a happy and helpful place, but I can't do it alone.

The best advice I can give when you see a post that just doesn't work for you, or multiple posts by someone who simply isn't speaking your language, is to just ignore it all and move on to other posts and other posters.

Please keep letting me know about problems via email, and we'll try to keep things going smoothly.

Thank you to all.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Please! Everyone read and take to heart before posting... *DELETED* new
      #354277 - 01/08/10 01:53 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Post deleted by Windchimes

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: Please! Everyone read and take to heart before posting... new
      #354294 - 01/08/10 03:17 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Question: Sometimes I make a thread. In that thread, a new question gets raised/or idea...and I will make a new thread.
I do it because once you get 20+ posts it really gets easier to split it up.

People see new threads...and it becomes easier to follow.
I don't do this to "spam" but because when looking for advice, if a topic on thread "spurs" a new idea...I just think it's more easier this way.

Is this a rule violation?
I hope not.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

You're fine - no worries. -nt- new
      #354299 - 01/08/10 03:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Please! Everyone read and take to heart before posting... new
      #354307 - 01/08/10 04:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Do as you wish with that stuff. Cross posting all over the place because responses aren't coming fast enough is the only technical problem I see here from time to time. Thank God we aren't on a fussy forum where you have to switch from one board to another if you make mention of another topic!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

welcome back Heather! new
      #354308 - 01/08/10 04:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hope you are recovering ok.

Snitty attitudes seem to be contagious. But once things calm down the board should run smoother.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: You're fine - no worries. -nt- new
      #354315 - 01/08/10 05:57 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

Hope your feeling better and I for one do know how hard this all is to do and take care of and I highly appreciate all your hard work and the effort it takes.

I have information that is sent directly to me, should I send you that information, because its not links? You don't have to answer that now either.;)

I wish you a very speedy recovery and talk to you soon.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: welcome back Heather! new
      #354318 - 01/08/10 09:22 PM

Unregistered

who is recovering? heather? what happend

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3929

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review