All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
a happy story
      #3542 - 03/21/03 12:29 AM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

We seem to encounter so much rudeness and negativity as a group that I thought I'd post something sweet. Awhile back I mentioned that my boyfriend teases me if I "cheat" on the diet (I'm a senior in college, I live in a dorm, I shop for groceries at Wal-Mart--I do as well as I can, but you know... <shrug>). Well, tonight he was asking me all sorts of questions, trying to figure out just what this "thing" is that I've got to deal with. It made me feel really cared for. And he also does something sweet, if I cheat and buy a can of Sprite, which I can sometimes handle, and it starts to make my tummy hurt, he'll take it and throw it away even if he doesn't want to drink it. So tonight I just feel so blessed. And if this post is too rambly to make sense, I apologize, it's like 2:30 in the morning and I need to go to BED!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: a happy story 2 (Thanks Heather, you were right! He's coming around!!!) new
      #3561 - 03/21/03 05:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Yay! That is SO sweet! It REALLY helps when the man in your life cares--and he cares enough to throw it away because it's not good for you! WOW!

Last night my husband and I had a real heart-to-heart talk. (Is it something in the air--maybe Spring? ) We were supposed to go to my friend's after-the-wedding party (a BIG meal). He wasn't too keen on going--bu I was (especially after missing her wedding because I'd just had my colonoscopy!) So last night I was too anxious to go to the party--and I was crying--and my husband and I talked. I explained to him how I just don't feel like myself anymore. I told him that I miss being free--that I feel restricted--that IBS has control and I feel weak--how I feel ugly being bloated all the time, etc. We EVEN discussed my BMs (he's very private about these things--but he was asking questions--and he wanted details--I was thrilled to be able to discuss this with him--it made me feel closer to him! LOL). We decided together I should order the IBS Audio 100 Program--Michael Mahoney--it's in Heather's book. It's such a relief to have someone you love supporting you through such an inhibiting/frustrating syndrome! I'm SO thankful!!!

I'm REALLY HAPPY that your boyfriend understands! That's GREAT news! Isn't it wonderful to post a happy story--speaking of happy, happy Spring!!!! I hope that your b/f will continue to be supportive! Also, please let us know what happens with the job--we're all thinking about you!

Take care!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: a happy story new
      #3594 - 03/21/03 08:51 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Tess - He sounds like he's a keeper!
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: a happy story--I GOT THE JOB! new
      #3664 - 03/21/03 03:10 PM
TessLouise

I got my dream job! There was a message on my machine today offering me the position I wanted; I'm supposed to call back on Monday. I'm obviously ecstatic and my parents congratulated me endlessly and I finally feel like a "real" adult!

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!!! new
      #3665 - 03/21/03 03:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Congrats - you so deserve it!

xxoo

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3666 - 03/21/03 03:23 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

#3669 - 03/21/03 03:28 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Congratulations!!! What is your new job? I noticed you like working with children with disabilities. I too love working with them. My friend just got a job teaching preschoolers with autism. I was so excited for her and a bit sad that I wont. I hope to be a educational advicate for children with disabilites or something similar some day.

#3672 - 03/21/03 03:39 PM
SharonMello

Tess Louise: Yeeeehaaa from California!!! I knew you'd get it. And, besides, you didn't have to get the job to feel like an adult. You Are One Already.

Congrats and happy working. BTW, what'll you be doing??

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

new job new
      #3673 - 03/21/03 03:40 PM
TessLouise

I'll be working with very young children with and without disabilities. By Monday, when I call to accept the job, I need to choose: 6- to 15-month-olds or 12- to 30-month-olds? Any suggestions? I can see the second group being more responsive but it's also the only age level I've ever worked with, so maybe I should branch out? Can you tell that I'm excited?!

At any rate, thanks, everyone, for your congratulations. Now, let's see if I can talk my boyfriend into going out tonight to celebrate (and let's see if we can think up somewhere safe...!).

Re: a happy story--colored text?? new
      #3674 - 03/21/03 03:40 PM
SharonMello

Hey Mags - how'd you get the text to be a color? I keep trying but I guess I'm not doing it right. Please help me!
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1315 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3660

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review