All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please stop!!!
      #353837 - 01/03/10 11:38 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath and stop all of this fighting. This is supposed to be a safe haven where we can come to discuss IBS without fear of being yelled at, lectured to or having to participate in a debate.

Some need to stop taking other people's posts personal and taking ofense. Example: Someone posted something about X-Mas and another member took offense because of the X instead of using Christmas. This is only one example of many. Come on people! Don't we have better things to worry about that this? The originial poster did not purposly say X-Mas just to offend another member.

This used to be a place one could come for friendship, comfort, and understanding. No one here is better than anyone else. We are not here to judge each other. We are definitely not here to spend all of our time debating or fighting.

Every member has something special to offer here on the boards. We have to appreciate what each person brings to the IBS table. We also have to respect all of the hard work that Heather has done to provide a caring environment for people with IBS to come and civilly discuss or find solutions to IBS or sometimes life problems.

The old timers have slowly dropped off the boards. Some of that is normal because people start feeling better and don't need to be here. Some of that has to do with the negative feeling that the boards have now. The old timers are needed to help the newbies discover a new way of living with IBS. Their experience by trial and error is needed to help guide the newbies. It has been this way for years and has proven to work.

The old saying if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything applies here. Don't be judgemental, critical, or speak harshly with other members. That doesn't help anyone.

If you see a post that might offend you pass it by. Don't take it personally. The poster doesn't know that what he/she has said is offensive to you. There is no reason to confront the person. If we all did that for every post this would become a debate board where people are fighting all the time.

I think it is important for all of us to show respect for each other and try to get along. Lasting friendships can be formed here and it only takes a little effort. Try not to preach or judge others and please try to always show respect to a post that you reply to. We need to try to get the special feeling that the boards have always had back.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Janey new
      #353840 - 01/03/10 11:45 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Janey -

OK! Let's start...

Catch me up on the last 6 months of your life!

How's the job... how's your family... how have you been feeling? Let me know anything new.

{{Hugs}} ~ Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Thank you! And everyone else, please read this and take it to heart. -nt- new
      #353868 - 01/03/10 04:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Janey...Well Said n/t new
      #353869 - 01/03/10 04:48 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Re: Please stop!!! new
      #354430 - 01/11/10 08:24 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

THANK YOU, Janey. It amazes me how things around here have changed just in the last year or so. Very hostile. I miss the old days....

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3500 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2535

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review