All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What does the Senegal mean on the Acacia Fiber?
      #353662 - 12/31/09 03:49 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi all,
I have no posted in a long time. A lot of health issues, including the IBS, illness in my family and just life in general, but I went to order my Acacia and didn't know what the Senegal after Acacia stands for or means. It may have been discussed before, but I missed it. I did a search and nothing came up. Thanks all, have a great New Year!
Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

It's the highest grade of acacia fiber available... new
      #353663 - 12/31/09 03:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Our Tummy Fiber has always been 100% acacia senegal, but because we had the only acacia on the market we just labeled it as "acacia".

Now, there are several other brands out there but all the ones I've seen use acacia seyal, a really cheap, much lower grade of acacia than senegal.

We changed our labels to reflect the fact that we only use the top grade acacia senegal. It's what's been in the Tummy Fiber from day one, we're just letting people know that explicitly now.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: It's the highest grade of acacia fiber available... new
      #353665 - 12/31/09 04:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Is that referring to the type of acacia tree it is from? Senegal is the cultivar or breed of acacia tree?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Yep new
      #353671 - 12/31/09 05:54 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Two types of acacia trees produce the gum that is soluble fiber - senegal and seyal.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1679

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review