All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Thaks IBS Board...zelnorm, not much doing...
      #3514 - 03/20/03 07:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So far no signs of improvement with the zelnorm. Still constipated and still bloated. The doc said it could take up to 4 days for the meds to work. I'll keep you posted! Thanks for all the responses in regard to zelnorm!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thaks IBS Board...zelnorm, not much doing... new
      #3609 - 03/21/03 09:31 AM
jones

Reged: 03/12/03

I'm on Zelnorm and my doctor told me it could take 4-6 weeks to start working. So maybe hang in there for a while.

Joni

#3616 - 03/21/03 10:18 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

That's funny. I took it 2 weeks, complete with headaaches, and my Dr said scratch that it's obvioulsy not helping you. I mean, it gives some people diarrhea right off the bat. For me, nada - nothing. If I'm desperate to go and all else isn't doing the trick (diet, water, exercise, etc) then the ONLY thing (and I mean only, I've even done the occasional enema when desperate and NOTHING). The only thing that has gotten me movign is the herbal "Colon Clenz" I read someone talk about on here. I know very well that is not a good long term solution but even the GI admitted that until we get my tests done and get me figured out, that sometimes you just "gotta go". What lovely conversation!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#3620 - 03/21/03 10:38 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I was just reading about a disorder called Colonic Inertia, that is sometimes misdiagnosed as IBS. I would guess that it's being considered given all the tests your doc has run, but I wanted to mention it so you knew. It affects more women than men, and in a nutshell the muscles and/or nerves of the colon are simply non-responsive (and in some people, they're basically paralyzed, though I'm not phrasing this in the proper medical terminology).

There's some really interesting info about chronic constipation at http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/constipation.html

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1945 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review