All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Just trying to get enough feedback.. new
      #352072 - 11/12/09 01:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

to know if it will be a wanted and active board. It's leaning in that direction, but it will also probably be a month or so before I get things up and running for it.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ***Vegetarian board?*** new
      #356190 - 02/26/10 08:09 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Can't believe I missed this one before... I would love a board for vegetarians!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#356197 - 02/27/10 12:17 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hi all, I am definitely leaning in this direction. It has been hurting my heart for a long time now, about how we treat our animals. I am not the type to make overnight changes, but I am getting there slowly. I think this would be a great board! I am looking forward to it.

Heather ???? - nt - new
      #356235 - 03/01/10 05:54 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Heather ???? new
      #356237 - 03/01/10 08:25 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

DoubleJ... The answer to that is further down in this thread. Look for Heather's and open that. You can officially vote there, and also see the progress of the poll up to the moment.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Windchimes ... *DELETED* new
      #356238 - 03/01/10 08:45 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Post deleted by Double J

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Windchimes ... new
      #356239 - 03/01/10 08:54 AM
Windchimes

I know that I myself would enjoy reading there. I'm doing more and more of that type of eating these days and liking it. I think if such a board were available at this site, more members might seriously consider reading about and eating more of these healthier foods, and reaping the benefits of doing so.

--------------------

#356253 - 03/01/10 01:12 PM
Windchimes

To submit your 'official' vote, go to Heather's post on 10/15/09 in this thread that she marked with icon. In that post you can also link to the results to current date.

--------------------

#356260 - 03/01/10 04:54 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I guess I don't understand what a separate Board would help with. Of course, maybe that's because I'm not a vegetarian.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: ***Vegetarian board?***
      #356262 - 03/01/10 05:11 PM
Windchimes

A separate board would introduce us to less or no meat and great ways of eating, giving us links to books and other things. Vegetarian eating is delicious and no one need feel deprived of flavor by the lack of meat.

No one would necessarily have to participate on this board, though looking at such might give you some food for thought towards better health overall. I'm not vegetarian (yet), though I do so much enjoy many of the vegetarian recipes from the internet and some cookbooks that I own. I was amazed!

Perhaps this helps, don't know. But... at least we would have a chance to expand our horizons for better health through overall better eating. It would be a 'take what you like and leave the rest' board.

Most people think "uck", tasteless, and boring, yet this is not true at all. Sometimes it even proves MORE satisfying and certainly leaves one feeling a whole lot better physically.

The only way one will know is through education and giving such a try. Red meat can be a killer, yet we all have learned to like the taste and enjoy it. Best in moderation, if at all, though there are many vegetarian meals one can eat inbetween and enjoy even if one chooses not to totally eliminate meat from their diet.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23400

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review