All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I wanna be me again! new
      #3615 - 03/21/03 10:09 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Ruchie - I have faith that you will improve. I myself couldn't make it 5 min. around the corner to the store without panicking 3 yrs ago & now I just prepare myself the best I can & just go for it. I do find that a lot of times once I get to an event & get involved it distracts me from thinking of the IBS and next thing I know, I'm enjoying myself--and sometimes I don't so I don't stay long. I know this is probably not right, but I always have a backup excuse to leave. This if for situations where no one knows (such as my extended family) & I almost never have to use it. As a matter of fact, I can't think of one right now that I had to! Anyway, just having that "safety blanket" sometimes helps me get through an event.

Yeah, my mom is great support. But, she knows how my family is. As a matter of fact, at that same party they ganged up on her about something (not IBS), but she deals with it better than me. Although she complained to me about it there & then some! lol I think she gets more PO'd where I get upset.

But, I have her support & my boyfriend is the absolute best! He always thinks of how I feel, looking out for me, etc. I don't know what I would do without him. He takes good care of me! He took me to almost all my doc appts/procedures. Anything major, of course he was there. I dont' think I could have kept him away! I didn't have the IBS stuff going on when we first started dating, so he knew my "normal" social me & the me now. He is just so supportive. I know I could count on him for anything.

Enough of that...his ears are probably burning! LOL

That is so great you got the tapes! I'm dying to get them. I have a feeling I'll end up getting them before this weekend is up, because I have no patience. I wanted to see if they've worked for anyone else. I think that's my prob. I don't mind spending $100 on them, just if I spend $100 & they're no good. Ya know what I mean? Did they say how long it would take for you to get them? Didn't you say you were in NJ too?

Mags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hypnotherapy tapes new
      #3621 - 03/21/03 10:43 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Ruchie - Hang in there, I'm taking the new IBS Hypnotherapy forum live on Tuesday. You'll be able to ask all your questions and also there should be people who have completed the tape course and can tell you their experience.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I wanna be me again! - keep a stiff upper lip... new
      #3639 - 03/21/03 12:00 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Shandela,

I'm sure I speak for the entire board when I say "We love you AND your saying!!!" You're too cute! Sayings are fun, aren't they?

I think I just have to accept that if I go somewhere and I pass gas--no one will hate me for it. And if I'm eating something different than what everyone else is having, I'm being healthy and good to myself! This of course will take time--but it's worth it! Plus, if I don't feel like going somewhere/doing something--it's ok to just skip it! (Can you tell I'm still young and my life experiences are blooming?)

Thanks so much for caring about me enough to respond--more than once! I really do appreciate it! I know things will get better--especially with all the people on this board pulling for me.

Thanks Shandela!!!!

P.S. You GOTTA get your colonoscopy done--it's crucial! We'll be there for you before and after--promise! You can teach some of your wonderful sayings to your doctor (I ended up singing at my colonoscopy--long story) and you'll have a good laugh!

Thanks again!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Hypnotherapy tapes new
      #3640 - 03/21/03 12:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Heather,

Thank you a million times! It's nice to know how much you care about this board and that you're always looking for ways to help us. I'm looking forward to the forum starting Tuesday!!! Thanks again Heather--for EVERYTHING!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3696 - 03/21/03 04:28 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie - You sure make me laugh!!! My husband and I and one of his sisters and a sister-in-law are driving down to San Diego on 4/2 (I think) and they're Portuguese and they love to cook w/fat. They're all great cooks, but I'm afraid I'll "stink" them out of the house if I eat what they cook. So, I've been thinking of taking rice, instant potatoes, bagels, my wonderful chocolate cookies I made this morning (did you read the post on the Recipe Exchange?) and some other stuff. I don't think they'll mind. They're all so slim they don't have to worry about their weight and they all think it's great that I've lost all this weight. They don't know how hard it was (and is) , to keep it off and not fart all the time, too! Oh, well, guess I have to be realistic, huh?

Yeh, you're right about eating healthy and being good to yourself. Mostly everybody eats fatty stuff. Why don't they just take a cube of butter and stuff it in their mouths??? Sorry, but I live with someone who doesn't watch what he eats (and he has cholesterol problems too but he thinks that taking meds make it allright) While we watch TV, he eats honey roasted peanuts (one of my favorites), potato chips and not baked either, when we go out he orders fish and chips or ribs and french fried onion rings. Oh well. At least it doesn['t bother me any more. Yesterday, I talked him into sharing a fajita platter with me so we got combination beef and chicken. He ate the beef and I ate the chicken. I let him have all the sour cream and cheddar cheese. I didn't have any repercussions from it, thank goodness.

I know I gotta get my colonoscopy but I'm just a big chicken. And I know that you guys will be here before and after--it's during that I'm worried about. I hate needles especially intravenous ones. Just stick me and get it over with--don't leave it under my skin. Yuk! Sometimes I almost pass out at the dentist when he has to "shoot" me. What a woos I am!

Thanks for being so nice, Ruchie. You're even nicer than my sister.

Please tell us the "singing colonoscopy" story. I need a good laugh.

Shandela

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Ruchie - Here it is!!!! new
      #3801 - 03/23/03 07:33 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hey Ruchie - here's the post. I found it quick as a wink. Did you use the Search function? Everything's going okay here inn Sunny California. Mags2003 (Karla) taught me how to use the colors. But I think I'm getting fanatical about it!

Is this the post you were talking about? Hope so.

If you check out the Recipe Exchange, I've made some more posts and comments on previous recipes you might be interedted in.

Shandela

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#3818 - 03/23/03 10:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

Shandela,

Sounds like you have a GREAT plan for your trip to San Diego! Hope the car ride goes well for you--sounds like the trip should be fun!

It i SO HARD staying on the IBS diet--and I'm sure the WW diet is tough to! Bravo for sticking with it!!!

"Why don't they just take a cube of butter and stuff it in their mouths???" I couldn't have said it better myself!!! You CRACK ME UP! We really are healthier for eating this way--people didn't always have all these processed foods--I believe there's a reason for that...

You are SO GOOD! I can imagine how hard it must have been to let him have the beef/cheese/sour cream! GOOD FOR YOU!

Hang in there with the colonoscopy! I was TERRIFIED when I had mine a couple of weeks ago--but it wasn't too bad.

I have to go be with my husband now--remind me later and I'll tell you my singing colonoscopy story!

Happy Sunday!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1505 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5081

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review