All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WOW...black pepper ...does not like me
      #34934 - 01/02/04 04:55 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I knew black pepper was hard on my tummy but I had an awful attack yesterday after eating vinegar base bbq sauce and it was hot ...it was loaded with black pepper...my bum brned everytime I went. Im usually not sensitive to vinegar anyone else have a problem with this

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Might have been the tomato sauce, vinegar and other peppers too.. new
      #34935 - 01/02/04 05:02 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Anything acidic can sometimes affect IBS. And hot peppers, as well as black pepper, can cause the burning. What was the barbecue sauce on?

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Might have been the tomato sauce, vinegar and other peppers too.. new
      #34937 - 01/02/04 05:07 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I had a BBq sandwich but where I get them they are very lean....I have NEVER had a problem with the BBQ...actually I eat them when I can't eat some other things....I usually use the mild sauce , it just tasted burnt or something, so i used the other. I have never tollerated Black pepper well any way, and i think it had something red in it too, ground up like cayenne, tomatoes only bother me when i eat certain italian dishes...

--------------------
Gretchen

Re: Might have been the tomato sauce, vinegar and other peppers too.. new
      #34956 - 01/02/04 09:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - it could have been red pepper in the sauce - hot pepppers have capsicain, which can cause the burning. Black pepper in large enough quantity might do this too. Considering the acidity of the sauce, and even worse the meat in the sandwich, this wouldn't be a good meal for IBS. Hope you're feeling better soon.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2713 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1738

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review