All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Suggested Restaurants
      #346980 - 06/07/09 05:37 PM
Equilibrium

Reged: 01/30/09
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I was wondering if we could have a section outside the message boards of recommended restaurants that people can eat at. Is this possible Heather? I know we are all different but if we can find things without dairy, red meat, fried foods (the biggest culprits). It's really hard to go to business meetings at restaurants. One restaurant in Canada that has been awesome is The Keg Steakhouse (don't let the name scare you) they have a wonderful teriyaki chicken topped with pineapple cilantro salsa (not real salsa, no tomatoes) and I ask for a plain baked potato or rice as the side.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Suggested Restaurants new
      #347175 - 06/14/09 09:44 AM
Equilibrium

Reged: 01/30/09
Loc: Ontario, Canada

anybody?

--------------------

#347194 - 06/15/09 10:59 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Japanese/sushi restaurants are good as are any sea food restaurants. If your any where near Vancouver the Fish Cafe does plain baked fish with rice. Just ask them to skip the glaze on the rice. I've not eaten there in a while but white spot might work. You can check their menu online.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#347201 - 06/15/09 01:11 PM
MikeCA1870

Reged: 03/30/09

I second Japanese restaurants. I always get Chirashi, which is basically just a bowl of white rice topped with raw fish.

Has anyone tried the new Kentucky GRILLED Chicken? I haven't done any serious research but I would assume it's lower in fat and relatively healthy since that is how they are targetting it, but you never know.

#347239 - 06/16/09 07:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I find chain restaurants are the hardest to find safe food (there is always something though). If we had a list of better restaurant choices they would have to be chains for it to be beneficial to anyone.
My favorite chain is, hands down, Noodles and Co.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I'd be happy to do a sticky post on safe restaurants and specific dishes new
      #347262 - 06/17/09 02:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

if people want to post the various options they've found, I can compile the list and make the sticky post.

There is restaurant chapter in the First Year IBS book with suggestions, but not specific restaurant name recommendations.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Vegie Restaurants and more advice new
      #347269 - 06/18/09 01:39 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

How do people feel about Veggie or for that matter vegan restaurants? There don't seem to be so many of them around lately but they may be worth a shot. Is there a veggie restaurant chain atol.

I've also found that most restaurants will be happy to serve a plan grilled chicken sandwich or to do plain cooked version of a fish dish.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: Vegie Restaurants and more advice new
      #347276 - 06/18/09 08:01 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

I eat vegetarian, and it is difficult, at least in my area, to find one, unless I drive to the city.

And you are right, most restaurants will accomodate you, and if they don't, then I guess they lose business that way.

Re: Vegie Restaurants and more advice new
      #347291 - 06/18/09 08:22 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Noodles and Co has tofu! I like Japanese pan noodles with tofu.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I'd be happy to do a sticky post on safe restaurants and specific dishes new
      #347415 - 06/22/09 02:16 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

That would be wonderful. Only problem I have is the food sounds safe...i.e., grilled salmon or grilled chicken. However, I have really toxic reactions to additives - even in prepared BBQ sauce. So, 9 out of 10 times, when I call, they tell me even without their seasonings, it still has MSG, etc. on it. I guess God's trying to tell me to cook!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1682 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review