All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
When are some (forbidden) foods acceptable?
      #340563 - 01/07/09 04:37 PM
Beef

Reged: 01/07/09

My question concerns the foods that I'm able to eat. Am I supposed to follow the cheat sheet for every meal or just when my system is out-of-whack? I see that the cheat sheet says that we shouldn't eat chicken but there are numerous recipes that use chicken. So maybe everybody's body is different. This is still so new to me and I was diagnosed almost 1 year ago.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Chicken is just fine... new
      #340566 - 01/07/09 05:08 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

as long as it's skinless white meat. I'm not sure where on the cheat sheet you're seeing any restriction on chicken.

The cheat sheet is a guide to daily eating - the safe foods, trigger foods to avoid altogether, and insoluble fiber foods to be cautious with but incorporate as much as you safely can.

The idea is to keep yourself stable on a daily basis with dietary changes, so you don't have to worry about getting out of whack nearly as often or as severely.

And welcome to the board!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Chicken is just fine... new
      #340575 - 01/07/09 05:55 PM
Beef

Reged: 01/07/09

Thanks, Heather, for the quick response. I think that when I was reading the cheat sheet I saw that most every meat was a no-no and assumed that chicken was too! I'm not much of a fish eater (other than shrimp) so it will be nice to have something else to eat as a main dish.

Turkey skinless white meat is also safe. -nt- new
      #340590 - 01/08/09 01:50 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: When are some (forbidden) foods acceptable? new
      #340644 - 01/09/09 08:42 PM
Sweetfudge

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Utah

ground turkey breast meat is good as well! i cook it w/ a little bit of worcestershire sauce and/or red wine to give it more of a "hamburger" look/taste.

--------------------
Sweetfudge

Diagnosed w/ celiac disease June 2006, and started gluten free diet.
Stopped eating dairy June 2008.
Started IBS diet October 2008.
Diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism in 2008 and lost 45 unwanted lbs!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review