All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New breakfast ideas?
      #340466 - 01/05/09 03:37 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

For the past year I have been eating plain oatmeal with a peeled and cut apple for breakfast. I love it but it's starting to get old. I eat yogurt for lunch most days so that's out and I need something that will keep me full for several hours because I eat breakfast at about 6:30 am and lunch at about 12, with only a few pretzels in between. I have considered egg whites but they get bland too and I usually make my breakfast at work and it's not at all possible for me to cook eggs at work.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Some quick ideas new
      #340468 - 01/05/09 03:43 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

are in the book section here http://www.helpforibs.com/books/efi/breakfast_breads.asp

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Some quick ideas new
      #340645 - 01/09/09 08:51 PM
Sweetfudge

Reged: 03/13/06
Loc: Utah

lots of great ideas there! i love will's dreamy rice pudding. very lemony and creamy!

my breakfasts usually consist of:
gluten-free fruit bread/pancakes
toast w/ avocado
egg whites w/ corn tortillas and veggies
cream of rice w/ cinnamon
fruit smoothie

--------------------
Sweetfudge

Diagnosed w/ celiac disease June 2006, and started gluten free diet.
Stopped eating dairy June 2008.
Started IBS diet October 2008.
Diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism in 2008 and lost 45 unwanted lbs!

Re: New breakfast ideas? new
      #340680 - 01/11/09 12:21 AM
patay

Reged: 01/27/07

For a quick breakfast, I like an IBS-safe bagel spread with a little tofutti cream cheese and a sprinkle of soy bacon bits. The bacon-bits add just the right crunch. (Sometimes I use a flour tortilla instead of the bagel.)
I also think egg whites alone get a bit bland, so when I cook them for breakfast I add in a touch of Better'n Eggs for flavor and color. I spray butter-flavored Pam on the inside of a Pyrex 2-cup glass measuring cup, and microwave about 2/3 cup of 'eggs' for about a minute. Yum! (Perhaps you could cook them at work in a microwave??)

Hope this helps!

#340738 - 01/12/09 07:50 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I like cold cereal. I usualy have a bowl 1/2 full of corn chex and 1/2 full of cheerios with a sprinkle of flax nuts. Sometimes I eat a safe mini muffen (I make them myself) later on when I get to work. And a cup of Fennel Tea.

#340747 - 01/13/09 07:41 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I just tried malt o meal the other day the brown suagr maple kind it was so good its a warm ceral. I even put some berries on it for "if" and I also going to try it with some can pumpkin mixed in! They also make a choclate kind I can't wait to try.hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#340846 - 01/15/09 10:41 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

My normal breakfast is oatmeal, too, but when I'm wanting something a little different, I usually either eat a bagel or an egg white and muffins. Here are the brands I get...

Bagels - Thomas plain bagels (and occasionally I can get a pack of their cinnamon swirl bagels with no raisins, but they are harder to find.)

Egg Whites - I get the little cartons of 100% egg whites, or you can just separate a couple of regular eggs. I just cook it in a non-stick skillet with a little salt, but you could add in something you like to make an omelette.

Muffins - I love Dr Oetker's Oatmeal muffins . They are SO yummy and very low fat. There are other varieties, but I haven't tried them.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2628

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review