All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peppermint Caps = Awesome! Thank you Heather :)
      #317351 - 10/24/07 09:40 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

Wow! I just started taking my peppermint caps a few days ago and have already noticed a change in my IBS! Mostly I've noticed a reduction how often I feel gassy or bloaty and full, but also a small reduction in other symptoms like pain and urgency. These things rock! Thanks Heather!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Thank you for letting me know. -nt- new
      #317381 - 10/25/07 09:38 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Peppermint Caps = Awesome! Thank you Heather :) new
      #317384 - 10/25/07 09:46 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

How often and how many do you take? (Of course this is individual but I'm just curious since I just got my peppermint capsules today.)

/Ulrika

I started with one a day new
      #317530 - 10/26/07 09:33 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

In the morning since that is when my tummy is the touchiest. After a couple days, I started taking two a day. I think I am going to start doing three a day tomorrow. I like to take the first one in the morning and the last one after dinner and before I go to bed. Taking it then seems to help with my morning problems.

I've been a bit unstable of late since I've been under a lot of stress and unemployed. Knowing I didn't have to be anywhere in the morning gave me courage to eat lots of more veggies and fiber. It tasted good to have a salad, but man, it hurt the next day!

I just got a new job and am working on getting back into my strict routine. So, perhaps that is helping me along with the peppermint caps. I think you'll love them

Has anyone taken the peppermint caps with acid reflux? new
      #317537 - 10/27/07 06:23 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

My gastro just started me a week ago on prilosec for the horrible reflux I started get at night. I was wondering if anyone has used these that have used a PPI or have acid reflux if the peppermint bothered them?

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: Has anyone taken the peppermint caps with acid reflux? new
      #317566 - 10/27/07 04:00 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I have light problems with reflux. I have only tried one capsule once and it didn't bother me at all. One possible thing to think about except the peppermint in itself is that the capsules contain ginger which according to my book on herbal medicine can interfere a bit with antacids because ginger stimulates secretion of gastric fluids. Maybe you should ask your doctor first if you want to try the capsules.

/Ulrika

Re: Has anyone taken the peppermint caps with acid reflux? new
      #317580 - 10/27/07 09:57 PM
Kat32

Reged: 11/09/05
Loc: Denver, Colorado

Be careful! I tried those peppermint capsules about a year ago and once I was up to 3 a day for about 3 weeks I got severe heartburn. I had to totally stop taking them. Now I find that simply sucking on a peppermint gives me heartburn. Hope you don't have the same problem!

Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 616 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1598

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review