All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Prebiotics...A Waste of Money? new
      #309401 - 06/19/07 10:04 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I improve for about a week then I regress. Nothing seems to work for any amount of time, and I feel it is all related to stress. If I can get a handle on that, I will improve. I just finished a second round of the hypnotherapy and plan on a third round in about a month.

Has hypnosis worked for you?
Doctors have told me food is not the cause, it only exaberates my symptoms; likely stress/anxiety is why this began.
I am a very anxious person.
I obsess on this daily, I touch my stomach and lift my shirt 100 times a day, and always were long sleeves.
I just wonder if maybe I should try them out.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#309419 - 06/20/07 07:06 AM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

I too am a very anxious person. I worry about everything. I feel the hypnotherapy tapes have helped. With each round, I have noticed a slight improvement with my mental attitude. When I first purchsed the tapes, I thought this was going to be the "magic pill". All my symptons would disappear. They did not, but I did notice an improvement with my attitude about the IBS. What encouraged me to continue with the tapes is Marilyn's story, and how it took her 3 or 4 rounds to see any success. Check out her story on the Hypno Board and other's like her. I will get a handle on this thing called IBS. There are times I get very discouraged, but I read post from Atomic Rose and Hohoyumyum and I feel there is hope. Thank you to all that are stable and continue to post here and help & encourage those of us who are not there yet.

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#309420 - 06/20/07 07:07 AM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

I am confused. Are you talking about the "Acacia" powder sold on this site or is "Acadia" something else? I take Acacia in place of another fiber supplement. It is both a prebiotic AND a soluble fiber supplement. I don't know if it has helped me as a prebiotic, but it has certainly helped me as a fiber supplement and does not give me gas like some of the others do.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

#309423 - 06/20/07 09:28 AM
bbgem1

Reged: 11/27/06
Loc: Pennsylvania

Where can you get Bio-K plus or Primal Defence?

#309424 - 06/20/07 09:32 AM
bbgem1

Reged: 11/27/06
Loc: Pennsylvania

I too get very discouraged Where can I find the post from Atomic Rose? HoHoYumYum?

#309427 - 06/20/07 11:44 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Quote:

I am confused. Are you talking about the "Acacia" powder sold on this site or is "Acadia" something else? I take Acacia in place of another fiber supplement. It is both a prebiotic AND a soluble fiber supplement. I don't know if it has helped me as a prebiotic, but it has certainly helped me as a fiber supplement and does not give me gas like some of the others do.

I took Acadia in place of Benefiber, and saw no improvement.
The brand was Heather's.
I found this quite discouraging since it is raved on so frequently.

Quote:

Where can you get Bio-K plus or Primal Defence?

Yes, I too would like to know where.

Quote:

I too get very discouraged Where can I find the post from Atomic Rose? HoHoYumYum?

Yea, were?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#309434 - 06/20/07 12:19 PM
santino75

Reged: 05/30/07

Hey,
You said you it yourself, youre a very anxious person and you obsess about this daily. So you already know where your problem lies: It has nothing to do with pre-biotics or pro-biotics. And Im not entirely convinced that hypnotherapy tapes are the answer either, you could always try them see what happens. But I dont know if youre looking in the right place for answers. What do you do in your life? What I mean by that is, are you allowing yourself too much time to obsess?
Tennyson said: "Keep busy. The worried person must lose himself in action, lest he wither in despair"
Please dont waste any more time obsessing about taking supplements.

Just for clarity, it's Acacia with a "c" - there is no such thing as Acadia. - nt- new
      #309457 - 06/20/07 03:29 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I'd second this, and would urge her to try hypnotherapy to break this cycle. -nt- new
      #309458 - 06/20/07 03:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#309463 - 06/20/07 04:09 PM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

In answer to your questions.
I have seen Primal Defense in my local HFS.

If you want to read posts by a particular person, click on their screen name, then in the right hand lower corner of their profile, click on all user post. You can then see what they have posted in the past.
There are many posters that are stable, and are here to help and encourage those of us that are not stable. I just mentioned atomic rose and hohoyumyum because they were the first to come to mind. I enjoy reading Syl's post too!!

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 708 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4561

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review