All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Egg Beaters made me feel sick????
      #3088 - 03/18/03 12:02 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Went down to my brothers house on Sunday, and we went out for brunch at this Irish Restaurant. I was a little nervous about what I would eat. I was able to find a few things! One of which was an omelete made from Egg Beaters. I never had an omlet before. Tasted just like scrambled eggs. I didn't get anything in it, just plain. I could only eat half of it, b/c I felt like I was gonna throw up!!!!!! I haven't had any kind of eggs in soooo long, b/c every time I ate eggs (since I've had IBS), I've felt like I was gonna throw up, and I'd get major back spasms, and my chest would hurt, like it hurt everytime I swallowed, even if I swallowed saliva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eggs would put me in such tremendous pain, that when I heard about Egg Beaters, and my mom said she'd make me scrambled eggs again, I was like, "NO WAYYYY!!!! I"m not eatin that!!!"

I decided to try it out on Sunday tho--the Egg Beaters Omlet. Bleh!!! Maybe it was all in my head, but I really felt sick. Luckily, I also found some white rice, which I ate, I was so hungry, that I didn't even care that it had no taste! LOL Everyone else at our table ate choc. cake afterwards for dessert, but I didn't!!! NO WAY!! Too fattening!!!! I had green jello tho, is jello okay???? So all I ate was alittle bit of my egg beaters omlette, however you spell it, some rice, water, grreen jello, and a really tiny bagel.

After I was done, I coudlnt' wait to get out of there! Just lookin at everyone else's food was making me feel sick and thinking about what I just ate, made me feel so gross!!! Maybe it's b/c I've been eating little meals lately, that it doesn't take much to fill me up now? Maybe I over ate a little?

What do you gals/guys think???? Is it normal to feel like that from Egg Beaters?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Egg Beaters made me feel sick???? new
      #3100 - 03/18/03 07:21 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Are you sure they didn't cook it with butter? Egg beaters are pasturized egg whites. I have no problem with them or egg whites. I have egg white omletts every once in awhile and I love them.

Torbetta's right on the money... new
      #3135 - 03/18/03 11:50 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

They probably fried the Egg Beaters in a lot of grease, and that's what did you in. It can be so tiring to have to remember to specify every little thing when you order at restaurants, but if you don't there always seems to be some problem. I haven't found a way around this - I just have to be the annoying customer with a million questions about "how is this cooked" and "is this fried" and "is there sauce on that". It gets old - but the alternative is usually worse.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Torbetta's right on the money... new
      #3245 - 03/19/03 12:00 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Thanks, both of you! Thats probably what happened, Heather! They cooked it right infront of me, it was like an omlette bar! I'd never had one before, so I didn't know how they did it, ya know? Anyways, now I know what to look out for!Thanks!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 496 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2236

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review