All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Soluble vs. insoluble - the core of Heather's diet
      #283746 - 09/24/06 01:43 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I need a deeper explanation of this whole soluble/insoluble fiber thing and why the foods on Heather's safe list are considered safe. The whole soluble vs. insoluble fiber thing sounds logical and the rule about what can be more easily mashed does make sense. But I've just checked a lot of stuff from the safe list on:

http://www.fineli.fi/index.php?lang=en

where you can get information about the fiber content of many different foods. Out of the things I tried, like rice, potatoes, carrots, oatmeal, oatmilk, mango, I think only oatmeal boiled with water had more soluble fiber than insoluble. Potatoes, boiled with salt, were listed as having 100% INSOLUBLE fiber!!! It would have been ok if the safe foods just contain relatively much soluble fiber (though not necessarily more SF than IF) but the potato fiber content makes even that explanation impossible. So now I am really, really, really confused.

I know about the organizations behind the webpage and they are serious so why would their information be wrong? Heather can't be the only one who has the correct information on this. That would be very strange.

The insoluble fibers are specified to be water insoluble but I'm guessing that is what Heather is talking about. Is the soluble fiber the true reason why this diet works or is it that the stuff on the safe list are just easy on the bowels for some (partially different) reason?

I'm not saying Heather's rules don't work - obviously they do - and they agree in a big part with what I had figured out myself before I found Heather's webpage. And I don't mean to criticize Heather's information - not at all. I just think it would be good to get the rules and the reasons why the foods that are more likely to work, work, clarified as that would help us all make informed decisions about what we should eat.

Thanks,

Ulrika, IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soluble vs. insoluble - the core of Heather's diet new
      #283765 - 09/24/06 04:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I looked at the potato boiled no salt, and boiled with salt and the fibre content looks the same 1 gram total fibre, 1 gram fibre water-insoluble.

#283770 - 09/24/06 06:11 PM
dolls

Reged: 09/20/06
Loc: New Jersey

To be honest I am confused I started the starter kit yesterday, went to a health store last night just happen to ask if they even had soluble fiber they didn't...So does this mean we must forever only use heather's fiber, this is day 2 I see no change yet.Taking 1/2 teas.2 daily..starting out slow like we are told?

--------------------
I sell artist dolls

#283772 - 09/24/06 06:30 PM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

the acacia does not work overnight but keep taking it. you WILL see a change for the better.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

#283774 - 09/24/06 06:40 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

What part of the site do you find the fiber info?

This has me really concerned. I hope we get some explanation because this makes no sense. I am as confused as you are, Ulrika.

The website Abigail and Syl posted also listed many of the foods containing more insoluble than soluble....like mushrooms.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

So... new
      #283775 - 09/24/06 06:44 PM
Jordy

...this is saying potato is all insoluble fiber?

--------------------

#283777 - 09/24/06 07:13 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

No way are potatoes all insoluble fiber. For instance here is a chart that lists a baked potato as 2.0 soluble and 2.7 insoluble (most likely the skin).

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hospitality/what_eat/fiber.php

Cooked potatos (or at least certain kinds) would melt to nothing in water. Especially russets (which is why I like them in soups because they break down and thicken the broth.)

But I do think you are getting a little overly worried about the amounts. One of the main principles, it seems to me, in reading over the site, is that the soluble and the insoluble are meant to work together. I would guess that the main thing about the "safe" foods for breaking the cycle is that they are largely soluble. Also, with rice, to me, the most important thing is that it is the only starch that does not cause gas at all. I think that is sometimes where people get off track too, eating only foods of the break the cycle diet and failing to add in insoluble. It's got to work together.

#283778 - 09/24/06 07:16 PM
Gracie

Benefibre is soluble fibre.

Re: So... new
      #283779 - 09/24/06 07:18 PM
Gracie

No. From what I understand some sites only list insoluble fibre, in fibre content and not soluble. This might be the case here.

The site in my original post does list both soluble and insoluble fiber! new
      #283797 - 09/25/06 05:09 AM
Ulrika

Look at for instance carrots or mango.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#283798 - 09/25/06 05:12 AM
Ulrika

The quickest way to use the site to get the fiber content is to type in the food you want to check in the upper right corner and do a search. You will then get a list of all the different table entries they have on that food and you can just pick the one you like and click on it.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Aha, you mean total fiber listed = water insoluble + "even more insoluble"? new
      #283799 - 09/25/06 05:19 AM
Ulrika

If that means there is a part that isn't soluble at all - in anything - then why is that interesting to know? What's insoluble in the digestive system should be what is interesting and that would then be both totally insoluble and water-insoluble. So why list it in this way?

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#283800 - 09/25/06 05:27 AM
Ulrika

I have now posted a question to the people behind the Fineli food database about what exactly is included in the fiber listing. I will put the answer here when I get it.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Can any of you experts help us understand this?-nt new
      #283960 - 09/26/06 07:28 AM
Jordy

--------------------

Re: Can any of you experts help us understand this? new
      #284038 - 09/26/06 02:37 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

You've been posting a couple of months longer than I have, so I'm no more expert than you are and I know you've seen the issue of fiber counts in charts and labels come up over and over before just as I have. However, since you want to keep this pot boiling, I'm happy to share my thoughts on this subject once again - and once and for all.

Fair warning to everyone else: This is really long and probably pretty boring. Feel free to skip to the last few paragraphs where I give my conclusion.

Fiber charts are unreliable. There are 4 different sites I've seen people post about either recently or a while back where it's possible to find fiber information about foods:

KTL (the Finnish site Ulrika references)
USDA (gives only total fiber, no breakdown)
GMF (this is Abigail's table)
Northwestern (this is from BobK)

If you compare the same food across all four sites, you will find differences in what they report. For example, KTL reports that 100 grams of potato baked with skin have 0.9 grams of total fiber. The USDA claims it has 2.2 grams of fiber.

Similarly, the KLT tables says that 100 grams of walnuts have 15.9 grams of fiber, only 5 of them water-insoluble while the GMF tables say that 100 grams of walnuts have 6.75 grams of fiber, 3.24 of them insoluble. The USDA says 100 grams of walnuts have 6.7 grams of fiber which brings the USDA in line with the GMF tables.

There are even what appear to be inconsistencies within tables. I know there are (or were) some within the Northwestern chart - Soluble plus Insoluble didn't add up to Total for some foods.

In the KTL chart, 100 grams of pear WITH skin has 3.4 grams of total fiber, 1.8 grams of it Insoluble. At the same time, 100 grams of pear WITHOUT skin has 3.9 grams of total fiber, of which 2.1 is Insoluble. It seems unlikely that peeled pear has more total fiber than unpeeled pear and even more unlikely that peeling a pear increases the amount of Insoluble fiber. (I picked pears to check because it's one of the few foods the Northwestern chart lists as having more Soluble than Insoluble, although the KTL chart and the GMF chart disagree.

Beyond the data discrepancies, there are, as I said, darn few foods in the Northwestern chart that have more Soluble Fiber than Insoluble. The same seems to be true for the KTL and GMF lists insofar as I've checked them and Ulrika's comments about what she's found in the KTL charts bear this out. This says to me that either Soluble Fiber means something different to the chart makers than it does common sense wise or a food with close to a 50/50 split is actually a high Soluble Fiber food.

The bottom line is that I really don't care which explanation is correct. I consider the numbers in the charts irrelevant to Heather's Diet. The Eating For IBS Diet is based on Heather's experience about what works for her and what works for others, along with whatever reliable scientific information is available on IBS and its relationship with food. Considering what I read about people's GI docs on here, I'm frankly amazed that she has managed to find any such information out there at all.

Here's how I think about Soluble Fiber in the context of Heather's approach. Soluble Fiber does two things:
1) provides easy to digest foods so your digestion starts off smoothly rather than roughly
2) creates a gel in your colon so things move along smoothly and your gut has something to grip rather than clenching itself
Think about those two functions when you look for Soluble Fiber foods.

Easy to digest: Look at the foods on Heather's list of Soluble Fiber foods. Then think for yourself about whether it would be easy for *your* tummy to handle. Some people think oatmeal is great; I think it's horrible. I don't think of yellow squash as easy to digest (seeds, skin), but I find butternut squash very digestible. If you are unsure, stick with the obvious - pasta, white bread, potatoes, noodles, white rice - and eat everything else like it's Insoluble fiber.

The gel thing: I have no scientific data on whether any or all of the foods on the Soluble Fiber list make a nice gel. My common sense tells me that most of them would because they're ooey and gluey, although again I would look askance at some of the squashes like zucchini and summer squash - they seem more rubbery.

In conclusion, my take on this is pretty simple:

What the fiber charts and labels say is irrelevant. Heather's Eating For IBS Diet either works for you or it doesn't. Either way, it doesn't matter what nutritionists say about the fiber breakdown of potatoes, walnuts, pears, mushrooms, bananas, or your Great-Aunt Sally's Rutabaga Bread.

Eat the way Heather recommends, tempered with your own common sense about what you can and cannot handle. By this I mean if Heather says don't eat a food, don't eat it. If Heather says a food is Insoluble fiber, treat it like Insoluble fiber. If Heather says a food is Soluble fiber, but you're not sure about it, treat it like Insoluble fiber. If Heather says a food should be okay provided you eat it with a Soluble fiber base, but you don't think you can handle it, don't eat it.

If you feel better doing this, great - stick with it. If you don't feel better, this is not the approach for you and you need to look elsewhere.

The Eating For IBS Diet unquestionably saved my quality of life and may have literally saved my life. I can't begin to thank Heather enough and hope everyone else finds her approach just as successful.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Well said, Sand!! nt new
      #284044 - 09/26/06 03:10 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

well said Sand, thanks for taking the time for this n/t new
      #284045 - 09/26/06 03:17 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Thank you Sand!! Very well said....-nt- new
      #284049 - 09/26/06 03:42 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Excellent post, Sand! I totally agree with you! -nt- new
      #284073 - 09/26/06 06:24 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

terrific summary! and ... new
      #284074 - 09/26/06 06:47 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

we know that stress is a HUGE contributor to IBS. Analyzing your diet and supplements to death is NOT going to help you any. You can't endlessly worry about everything you ingest and expect to feel healthy.

If you want to follow Heather's diet -- follow it. It's a bit confusing at first but with the amount of info on her website and the info from the message boards it should be pretty clear-cut what MOST people can tolerate. Sure, maybe you'll end up being one of those very rare people who can't tolerate plain mushy cooked carrots. But you can't stop eating a food simply because you find one person who says they could never tolerate carrots. (And, at the risk of sounding rude, you need to also weigh into consideration what else that person says -- many people begin posting before they have fully grasped the complete principles of Heather's diet, and will complain that Cheerios give them attacks, when it's really the 2% cow's milk they're pouring on the cereal that's making them sick.)

It's frustrating to be sick and not get any better. But if you're not getting any better, then it's time to try something new. It's scary when you're already sick, but you won't become any better if you just stay in your rut and worry about if you're doing the right thing or not. I know when you're always sick and you're always hurting you look for a source -- you keep thinking, "What am I doing wrong?? what did I eat that was wrong??" But you have to look beyond what you're already doing to figure out what you're *not* doing. And by this I mean starting with the basics -- the SF/IF balance, exercise, stress control. If you look at the majority of people on these boards who have been stable for awhile, most of them only use a SFS as a supplement, maybe something like probiotics, and some of them use an AD to keep stress/anxiety under control. (And lots of them have done the hypno!) I think it's a bad idea to get caught up in the supplement craze before you've really, truly given the base diet alone -- meaning SF/IF in foods plus a SFS -- a fair shot. And you really need to be honest with yourself about what a fair shot is. I read posts by people who complain the diet isn't working in one thread but in another thread mention getting drunk on Saturday night, or having a Whopper for lunch, or drinking a mocha latte every morning. Or a C who can't go, but doesn't eat enough IF. Or a D who can't get stable, but eats too much IF, or half a carton of soy ice cream. Again -- I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but I see stuff like this happening all the time. Everyone has a perfect right to eat what he wants, of course, but I don't think it's fair for someone to complain about the effectiveness of the diet when he isn't truly following it.

Although I don't want to offend anyone, I would also like to point out that lots of conflicting posts on a subject that has already been well-covered in the past (i.e. the whole soluble-vs-insoluble debate of this thread, or if peeled potatoes are safe, or how much IF a C should eat each day) can be very overwhelming for new people, particularly the ones who lurk. I lurked for a long time before posting, and I might've been scared off if I saw all these long threads that seemed to contradict what I had previously believed to be fairly simple info I read from Heather's book.

The boards are a great resource ... but if you're really confused and conflicted about the diet, it's much better to take a step back and focus only on the material that Heather herself has actually produced. She's helped a lot of people, and that didn't happen on accident. I can't even imagine what the past two years would have been like for me if I hadn't found Heather's diet.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Sand, you sure know how to get to the bottomline!--n.t. new
      #284077 - 09/26/06 07:48 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well said Sand and Jen. -nt- new
      #284083 - 09/26/06 08:08 PM
Gracie

Sand... new
      #284097 - 09/26/06 11:18 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I love you. Seriously, you rock.

I've been following this discussion, and kept putting off replying because I didn't have the patience to explain it without sounding condescending or snappish. You said what I would have said, a thousand times better, and probably a whole lot clearer, too. This is sticky-note-worthy, even. Thank you!

Charts online are unreliable. Food labels are unreliable. (And fergodsakes, anything that says a white potato is insoluble should be distrusted immediately!) Common sense and personal experiences should be your guide. If this doesn't work for you, try something else. The end. Bravo!

Amen! -nt- new
      #284098 - 09/26/06 11:20 PM
atomic rose

Sand...personal question for you new
      #284153 - 09/27/06 10:14 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Hi. If you'd rather stay private, I totally understand, but I noticed that you are from West Orange, NJ. Perhaps we know each other...I taught in the district for 11 years. Linda (rather not get too personal on the site...my email is line415@comcast.net) By the way...liked your post!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Thank you so much, Sand, and everyone else as well. new
      #284171 - 09/27/06 11:36 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I'm going to make your post a sticky at the top of the board so we don't have to deal with this again.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Info from the Fineli people on how to use their table! This makes sense! new
      #284266 - 09/28/06 08:36 AM
Ulrika

For those of you out there who do want fiber info, I'm going to post a clarification on this here. It seems "fiber" is hidden under more names in the table on

http://www.fineli.fi/index.php?lang=en

than just total fiber and water insoluble.

Total fiber = cellulose, hemicellulose, lignin, plant gums and pectin (by the AOAC method). Of these plant gums and pectin are regarded as soluble fiber. BUT they also have values for "polysaccharides, non-cellulosic, water-soluble
post and that is ALSO soluble fiber.

I.e.

total amount of SF = (polysaccharides, non-cellulosic, water-soluble) + (total fiber - water-insoluble fiber)

This seems to make sense.

As a comment on Sand's post saying the peeled pear has more fiber than the unpeeled I can just say READ AGAIN! The difference is that for the unpeeled pear the fiber is given for 100 g of pear out of which only 88% is considered edible. Whereas the peeled pear has info for 100 g out of which 100% is edible. I.e. no seeds et.c. That's why peeled pear has more fiber per 100 g in the table than unpeeled pear.

Hope this clarifies things for all of you who want to use the table above.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Databases and Fibre new
      #284279 - 09/28/06 09:22 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Wow - what an interesting and important thread!

I would have joined in earlier but I have been attending an international conference and living on my basic safe diet. It is nice to be home and be able to have more variety. Now if I could only convince the airlines to include some IBS friendly items on the things they sell and serve

Generally speaking I agree with Sand. No matter what the databases says or what is on Heather's safe list if it doesn't work for you then don't eat it!

The are many problems with amount of fibre reported in the databases. The creators of these databases don't make the measurements. Generally speaking they report results collected from a variety of sources. In some instance the total amount of fibre and SF/IF have been determined using different methods. Making matters even worse sometimes the values reported are averages determined from values collected from different sources. Even more problematic is the fact that the databases don't report the variety of the potato, squash, walnut, etc for which the measurements were made. For example, the paper about commercial mushrooms that I talked about in web page tested a number of varieties of mushrooms using the same technique. The total amount of fibre per 100 grams ranged from 2.6 grams to 10.7 and the percentage of SF ranged from 4.4% to 8.8%. I reported a similar finding for quinoa

The total amount of fibre and the percentage of SF can be dramatically different from one variety to another. The values reported in databases are only guidelines

To the best of my knowledge there isn't a authorative source of information about the the amount fibre in foods.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Fineli database - errors and disceprancies new
      #284287 - 09/28/06 09:35 AM
Syl

There are some discrepancies and errors in the database too. For example Oatmeal roll in water
gives the total fibre as 3.7, the IF as 2.4 and the SF as 0.7 therefore 0.6 grams are unaccounted for. Also there are two entries for mango without skins. One entry gives the total fibre as 2.0 and the IF as 1.3 while the other reports it to be 2.0 and 7.1 grams respectively. Go figure Use with caution

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

I think you make two points here new
      #284291 - 09/28/06 09:37 AM
Ulrika

Hi Syl!

Nice to see you're back again! I agree with you, the values seem to be all over the place for some foods. But I think the Fineli website could give some guidelines though for people who want to use it. However I still have some questions about it that I have posted to the woman who provided me with more info about their table as some table posts seem a bit odd still. I hope to get it even more clarified.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Re: Casey (AtomicRose) new
      #284293 - 09/28/06 09:42 AM
Sand

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I love you. Seriously, you rock.

Likewise. Likewise. And thank you.

As for taking it the wrong way - I was thinking a June wedding. Okay with you?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Wow, Heather. I'm really flattered. But Joe is worried... new
      #284296 - 09/28/06 09:44 AM
Sand

I won't be able to get my sweatshirt off over my swelled head.

--------------------

Re: I think you make two points here new
      #284297 - 09/28/06 09:44 AM
Syl

I look forward to hearing what you find out. I got an email response from them this morning about a query as to what email address to use. I got the following response "fineli@ktl.fi From this address your email will be forwarded to proper person. There are many people in different roles in this project: database managers, nutrition professionals, chemists...". I won't bombard them with addition questions too

--------------------

Re: Fineli database - errors and disceprancies - I can explain!!! new
      #284298 - 09/28/06 09:45 AM
Ulrika

First if I understood the woman from KTL correctly

SF = total fiber - waterinsoluble fiber + the water soluble polysaccharides

Most foods make sense with that interpretation but rice certainly doesn't so I've asked her to clarifiy even more!

About mango - you have to look at the top of the page. There you can see that one post is for fresh, untreated mango/papaya and the other is for dried mango/papaya.

Hope that helps. As I mentioned in another reply, the edible portion of the 100 grams also varies which can be confusing. That explains why peeled pear has more fiber/100 g than the unpeeled.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Re: Hahaha new
      #284299 - 09/28/06 09:48 AM
Ulrika

I see. I actually used their feedback form and then got an email back from an actual person! So I have now used that actual person's email to ask further questions. I'll keep you up to date!

/Ulrika, IBS-D

All excellent points, Jen. -nt- new
      #284300 - 09/28/06 09:48 AM
Sand

--------------------

LOL!!!! -nt new
      #284302 - 09/28/06 09:52 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Fineli database - errors and disceprancies - I can explain!!! new
      #284305 - 09/28/06 09:56 AM
Syl

How does that explain the fact that IF for dried mango is greater than the total fibre?

--------------------

Hmmm, yes, different methods? new
      #284309 - 09/28/06 10:04 AM
Ulrika

That seems weird. Yes. It seems they've used different methods for total fiber compared to the other posts.

I think you will have to take one thing you know you can eat and then see if the thing you're curious about has been measured in the same way...

It will be interesting to hear what the Fineli person says...

/Ulrika, IBS-D

Potato new
      #284314 - 09/28/06 10:11 AM
Syl

Quote:

(And fergodsakes, anything that says a white potato is insoluble should be distrusted immediately!)

Hmmm - don't think that is what is says. I think it says there is 1.0 grams IF and 0.4 grams SF. The important point here is two fold. First the total amount of fibre in a potato is relatively small. And secondly and more importantly there are few, if any food, that don't contain any IF. The cell wall of most plants are IF.

The thing that fools many people is starch. Potatoes have a high starch content and this makes them mushy when cooked too much. But the IF is still present.

The more knowledge you have the more power you have over your situation.

--------------------

Brings to mind a quote new
      #284333 - 09/28/06 11:20 AM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

This whole thread brings to my mind the famous line from Pirates of the Carribean "I like to think of it as more of a guideline"

Bwahaha! new
      #284351 - 09/28/06 12:10 PM
atomic rose

Sounds perfect. Which one of us gets to wear the poofy gown?
*snicker*

Re: Potato new
      #284356 - 09/28/06 12:23 PM
atomic rose

Quote:

The more knowledge you have the more power you have over your situation.

Not necessarily. There's such a thing as overthinking a situation. There's also such a thing as obsessing, confusing yourself with contradictory information, and making yourself SICKER as a result of all that worrying and stressing.

The people who have been here a while, especially, find that very frustrating, because it's not necessary. The information you need to follow the principles of the diet is all right here, on the site. People who have been here for a long time, like me, continue to point that out - not because we're mindless Heather-followers, but because it's true.

I've been stable for a year and a half (well, almost). I followed the generic advice on this site - soluble before insoluble - and used Heather's lists. I never looked up a single chart, never researched a single food, never read a single scientific report, never even read beyond the fat grams on a single food label. I never bought a single book. The K.I.S.S. method - period. I'm sorry, but you can't argue with success.

Of course I'm aware that a potato - even peeled - does have IF, because pretty much everything does. However, the process of cooking a potato, while it might not change the actual fiber content/makeup, DOES "break down" the IF and make it a hell of a lot easier to digest... so easy, in fact, that what you're left with is, functionally, soluble fiber.

(And I even got on the potato subject in the first place because somewhere in this thread, someone mentioned a potato being IF. As in, primarily IF. Which, I'm sorry, is simply not correct. But I may have misread. *shrug*)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 564 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16998

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review