All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What's a good way to get rid of fatigue?
      #27415 - 11/17/03 09:28 AM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

My bowel symptoms are in pretty good control. But I am always tired! I'm afraid to drive at night because my eyes cross when very tired. Could it be the librax??? I'm trying to take less and less! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's a good way to get rid of fatigue? new
      #27418 - 11/17/03 09:32 AM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi Maryh,
Fatigue is a hard thing to deal with. Have you asked your doc? Are you taking any vitamines like centrum? Fatigue can be overcome with extra nutrients like iron, calcium and the B vitamines.
Good Luck,
Cloudygirl

#27419 - 11/17/03 09:37 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I cannot take Librax unless I'm going straight to bed, it really loops me out. I also get fatigued, though, from my iron getting too low, posted about this recently and think that is improving since I learned a few things there (see mags reply to me on that post). But I'm sure the librax is making you tired, it's a muscle relaxant so it can have that effect. And finally, a no-brainer and so easier said than done, it may help to get more rest! I'm one to talk, though! Good luck!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#27524 - 11/17/03 02:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - do ask your doc about the Librax. It's a likely culprit.

I find the best thing for fatigue is exercise. Sounds counter-productive, but it really helps. If I start missing workouts I get so tired by midafternoon I can't keep my eyes open. And I also start getting restless and unable to sleep well at night, which makes things even worse. If I can force myself to go workout (yoga class) I come home with enough energy to work for several more hours, and I sleep much better that night, which makes for a less-fatigued next day.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#27543 - 11/17/03 04:36 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

Thanks to everyone who gave such great ideas. I am looking into a yoga class and have started taking vitamins including calcium. I work fulltime as a nurse-what a professsion for fatigue I'll keep you updated Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4607 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review