All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Did I give up on acacia too quickly??? new
      #275149 - 07/21/06 09:45 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

your welcome Lisa.... good luck and keep us posted

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#275393 - 07/24/06 07:34 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Alright, I'm giving the acacia another shot. I've been taking 1/8 t. twice daily for two days now, and I have not had any gas from it! Yay! I think I will stay at this dose for a good week, then slowly increase to 1/4 t. twice daily. Sound good? I've been mixing it with my fennel tea before breakfast and dinner.

Thanks for the encouragement, Shell & Heather!

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#275406 - 07/24/06 08:08 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Alright, I'm giving the acacia another shot. I've been taking 1/8 t. twice daily for two days now, and I have not had any gas from it! Yay! I think I will stay at this dose for a good week, then slowly increase to 1/4 t. twice daily. Sound good? I've been mixing it with my fennel tea before breakfast and dinner.

Thanks for the encouragement, Shell & Heather!

--Lisa, IBS-C

That is great!! I'm so glad you are giving it another try. Keep us posted.

--------------------

THREE WEEKS! new
      #275840 - 07/27/06 08:36 AM
Shell Marr

WWooohhoooo.....I've been taking Acacia now for three weeks now..... I'm going to increase a 1/2 teaspoon today for another week and see how I do.... That will bring me up to 11 grams (1 tablespoon + 2-1/2 teaspoons) just from Acacia per day.

I was a tiny bit gassy this week, but not as much as last week and MUCH less then the first week. BM's are STILL "changing"....no urgency and a lot of volume per sitting (*note: I'm IBS-A but more on the IBS-C side).... I'm so excited....one step closer to normal BM's!!

Thanks again Heather....

--------------------

Re: THREE WEEKS! new
      #275849 - 07/27/06 09:27 AM
Lisa Marie

Yay! Way to go Shell! You're giving me hope! Today is my ONE week mark, but I'm only taking 1/4 t. total each day. I think tomorrow I will start increasing to 1/2 t. each day, but over the course of a week or so. So far, no gassiness, but still a little C once in awhile... of course that could also be because I'm not eating very much:)

Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

ONE MONTH TODAY!! new
      #276911 - 08/03/06 10:40 AM
Shell Marr

Okay.....I've been taking Acacia now for a month now..... I'm going to increase a 1/2 teaspoon today for another week and see how I do.... That will bring me up to 12 grams (2 tablespoons) just from Acacia per day.

I've really been enjoying the new Tangerine and Wild Berry Herb Tea called " Zingers To Go " by Celestial Seasonings... I've been mixing my Acacia WITH about 4-6oz of the tea two times a day. I just use a mug and a fork, put the Acacia in 1st and then stir while I poor in the tea and mix like crazy (like beating an egg)....let it set for about a 2-3 minutes... stir again and it's down the hatch in no time at all. So easy....

I was a still a little gassy this week, but MUCH less then the first week. BM's are STILL "changing"....more on the formed but still not soft enough side yet.... I'm going to drink more water/tea and see if that along with the added 1/2 teaspoon will help make it just right!! hehehe

Thanks again Heather....

--------------------

Re: ONE MONTH TODAY!! new
      #276925 - 08/03/06 11:19 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

yay go you! I started taking it a while back and didn`t really take much notice but I stopped for a week last week (just because I ran out of it at my boyfriends house and that was where I was staying)and that was the worst week I have had in ages. It must make a difference. With that, hypno and exercise I think I will get there...I better had anyway. Keep it up until those stools are soft (I need mine to go the other way!)

Jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Two weeks for me... new
      #276936 - 08/03/06 11:43 AM
Lisa Marie

If Shell's at her one month point, then that means I'm at two weeks. Slow and steady wins the race... I'm not quite up to 1/4 t. twice daily, but should be by tomorrow. Then I will stay there for a full week before increasing again. I can't say I've had a particularly good week, so I am probably not at a high enough dose yet for it to make a difference. I'm a little gassy today, but maybe I stepped up my acacia dose too much today. I've had lots of cramping lately, and also some C. I've been having BMs more like every other day rather than every day, which I don't like one bit. But stress has been HUGE this week. I think it's almost time to order the hyno CDs....

Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Yay Shell!!! -nt- new
      #277137 - 08/04/06 11:59 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

FIVE WEEKS!! new
      #277992 - 08/11/06 08:47 AM
Shell Marr

So....I've been taking Acacia now for a 5 weeks (as of Thurs)..... I'm going to stick with the same amount this week... I think it might be the right dose for me. 12 grams (2 tablespoons) just from Acacia per day.

I was a tiny bit gassy but really not much at all this week, and MUCH MUCH less then the first week. BM's changed a little this week too.......at one point I had floaters.....you can read about that here I've Got Floaters?!?!?! (my poop floats) !! ....but that changed and now for lack of a better description...it is more like "toothpaste".... which my primary doctor told me was a goal before he ever sent me to the gastro doc years ago!!

I ordered my second can last night and some more fennel tea bags...I wanted to make sure I had plenty of both before we leave for our 4th Anniversary trip to the coast over Labor Day weekend!!

Thanks again Heather....

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 937 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 46593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review