All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
You can play the penny slots 246 times a day. LOL. new
      #273966 - 07/13/06 11:39 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Is there another Fall Sprawl this year? I am so in if there is.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You can play the penny slots 246 times a day. LOL. new
      #273986 - 07/14/06 07:04 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Is there another Fall Sprawl this year? I am so in if there is.

No, this year the Diva's (Melissa, Jen, Kandee, & I ) all had WAY too much on our plates this year...so we have decided to put it off until 2007 for the good of everyone!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Yay! Keep me posted!!! - nt- new
      #274019 - 07/14/06 10:21 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: ONE WEEK! new
      #274119 - 07/15/06 03:49 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Quote:

Somewhere between 14-18 grams in addition to Acacia depending on what I have for dinner.

I found that my C got so much better after I increased my fiber to at least 25g from food (I also get 5g/day from Citrucel). I can't tolerate wheat but I swear by oat bran, it's yummy in yogurt.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

TWO WEEKS! new
      #274974 - 07/20/06 10:14 AM
Shell Marr

So, I've been taking Acacia now for two weeks now..... I'm going to increase a 1/2 teaspoon today for another week and see how I do.... That will bring me up to 10 grams just from Acacia per day.

I was still a little gassy this week, but I'm SURE most of that was cuz of that lovely time of the month.... I usually get gas REALLY bad like 2 days before it starts and until the 2-3rd day of the cycle...so, now I'm in the clear and feel pretty good. BM's are still "changing" and my times of day have changed too....but that is fine with me...cuz at least I'm going and it is not too frequent or urgent either... kinda of a happy medium.... my goodness, could I really be on the road to having NORMAL BM's LOL

Thanks again Heather....

--------------------

Keep me posted Shell! -nt- new
      #274981 - 07/20/06 10:41 AM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Did I give up on acacia too quickly??? new
      #275043 - 07/20/06 03:24 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm so jealous!! I tried using the minimum acacia dose for four days (1/2 t. twice daily) and my gas got WORSE! So I gave up on it; not that I necessarily feel better today. I had an awful bout of IBS pain this afternoon - the worst pain i've felt in a LONG time... could have been the smoothie i tried to eat for breakfast. will this never end???

did i give up on the acacia too quickly?? i noticed you (shell) said you were gassy for the first few days... would you say that your symptoms got worse before they got better? should i wait a few days and try it again?? i'm so confused! anyone else out there that hasn't been able to tolerate the acacia??

this is so frustrating!!
lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Did I give up on acacia too quickly??? new
      #275045 - 07/20/06 03:40 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I'm so jealous!! I tried using the minimum acacia dose for four days (1/2 t. twice daily) and my gas got WORSE! So I gave up on it; not that I necessarily feel better today. I had an awful bout of IBS pain this afternoon - the worst pain i've felt in a LONG time... could have been the smoothie i tried to eat for breakfast. will this never end???

did i give up on the acacia too quickly?? i noticed you (shell) said you were gassy for the first few days... would you say that your symptoms got worse before they got better? should i wait a few days and try it again?? i'm so confused! anyone else out there that hasn't been able to tolerate the acacia??

this is so frustrating!!
lisa, IBS-C

Yes, it got worse before it got better.... that was just MY body adjusting.... the gas is less and less each day. Please give it a try again.... give it a few weeks at least... as Heather mentions on the page all about Acacia it can take much longer for it to help those of us with "C" vs "D"....

Quote:

The cardinal rule with Acacia is to start at a low dose (for Acacia, just 1/2 a level measuring teaspoon, twice daily), and increase gradually. Constipation seems to require a much higher daily dose than diarrhea, and it can take several weeks, or even a few months, to slowly work your way up to the maximum daily dose. Acacia is not a laxative, and it will not give "overnight relief", so taking a low dose for a few days will not alleviate your symptoms. What it will do is begin to acclimate your gut to a higher daily dose of fiber, and this is the goal. Don't give up as soon as you start - just realize that using Acacia is a slow, steady process. You will see improvements along the way.

--------------------

I'd try half the dose you were taking...
      #275053 - 07/20/06 04:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

some people just need to start extra slowly.

- H

--------------------

Re: Did I give up on acacia too quickly???
      #275141 - 07/21/06 09:18 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Thanks, Heather & Shell!! I will give it a shot again. Perhaps I will even start with just 1/8 t. twice daily...

Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1314 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 46589

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review