All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fennel tea question
      #267742 - 06/05/06 02:42 PM
fedupwithgas

Reged: 05/18/06

I just got my order today, and they do smell good! My question is this: do i drink this when I'm bloated and gassy for relief? Or do I drink it to prevent gas, like after a meal? I am not really a tea drinker, so I will probably just want to drink it when it will do the most good.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fennel tea question new
      #267746 - 06/05/06 03:23 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You can read more about Heather's Fennel Tea here, but here is a little quote from this page.... hope this helps.

Quote:

Heather's Tummy Tea™ Fennel ~ A Medical Food for the Dietary Management of IBS

Clinical studies have shown that fennel, as part of the diet, helps regulate contractions of the small intestine and aids gas expulsion. Fennel also relaxes the gut, which can relieve spasms of the GI tract. As a result, fennel assists in the dietary management of IBS symptoms, and is exceptional for IBS bloating, gas and abdominal pain. Fennel is also a traditional digestive aid for colic, heartburn, indigestion, and stomachaches.

Heather's Tummy Tea™ is packed in very generous quantities because it is meant to be used daily as a medical food for IBS; brew a delicious cup of tea several times a day, every day, as part of your dietary management of IBS symptoms.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Fennel tea question new
      #267757 - 06/05/06 04:07 PM
fedupwithgas

Reged: 05/18/06

Thanks! So it looks like I have to drink it to prevent symptoms...

Either way - for relief or prevention, or both. You can't really drink it wrong. -nt- new
      #267770 - 06/05/06 06:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3467 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 635

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review