All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: Ditto new
      #267138 - 06/02/06 07:10 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Yeah, I'm beginning to think it could be a problem depending on how severe your ibs is and other factors:
-is your somach empty
-are you stable
-stress
-swallowing air
Yup. This is something I would like for the males on this site to think about, because my partner wouldn't really understand if I just told him that I no longer want to swallow.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Heather *DELETED* new
      #267150 - 06/02/06 08:04 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Post deleted by Heather

Re: In my defense.... new
      #267153 - 06/02/06 08:23 AM
Alli

As I've mentioned before, I have read other offensive posts not necessarily regarding sexual contents. I remember when I was younger, I read a post about smoking marijuana!! Oh no. Is this an appropriate topic for young people to read? ..
I must be honest, however, I searched for the topic and was actually going to post about it. I must admit, I do have very debatable questions about ibs. Of course I have other questions that I decide not to post because of the reaction I recieved. But that's okay.
Marijuana isn't a topic appropriate topic for young people. It could of actually encouraged people to smoke the stuff! I personally believed that it helped. ..I'm not against that post by the way, very informative.
I'm definately not leaving. I need this site, I honestly need it. I have nothing/no one else to turn to about this medical condition. I'm not stable yet, I have questions -I can't afford to leave.
Delete this post if you feel the need to, Heather, I don't want anyone getting too upset or anything. Don't ban me though.. I really appreciate the fact that you've kept it here for this long. Thanks. Got me thinking that maybe I found another possible trigger for some people, including myself.

Re: Wow ...Okay... new
      #267156 - 06/02/06 08:32 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

I just don't personaly have a need to share with everyone the most intimate moments I share with my h. I can ask questions and have them answered that won't be brought out into the open boards. My grandchildren are precious to me, and if one of them had walked in and red Ali's post, I would have spent time explaining something to them that they are too young to understand and should'nt have to understand. What offends me personally is the idea that anything seems to go these days, anytime and anywhere. If you think it, you may as well say it.

I almost passed on posting on this thread, but felt it important to help maintain the openess of asking questions on this board. Please do not take the following question as an attack, Gigi - but more of a question about the above quote from your post.

You mention you don't feel the need to share with everyone about intimate moments, yet you asked a question to Shell 2 years ago about your sex drive and Lexapro: web page. You even continued to talk about KY and such: web page.

Please understand that this is not an attack towards you, just a comment that maybe if someone had seen this thread before, they might assume that you and others may be okay with talking about sex related questions. Just something to keep in mind when looking at both sides of the table..

--------------------
- Jennifer

Alli new
      #267159 - 06/02/06 08:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

My beef is not with you in any way. I am not requesting that you be asked to leave. I do not support censorship unless remarks are hateful in nature.

Quote:

I need this site, I honestly need it. I have nothing/no one else to turn to about this medical condition. I'm not stable yet, I have questions -I can't afford to leave.

EXACT same thoughts go for the person who was asked to leave!

I agree! new
      #267160 - 06/02/06 08:35 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Long time poster myself, and this is a dumb question. Trying to have shock effect maybe? Come on! This shouldn't be allowed! Here or anywhere!

THIS IS NOT DIET RELATED!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: no, no new
      #267166 - 06/02/06 08:54 AM
Alli

I do say some things to get a reaction, but never about ibs. Never on these boards. To me, ibs is a serious topic and everything I ask about on this site is very serious to me. If you look back, I was in the worse depression I have ever experienced a little while back, and where did I turn? I went here. Before anywhere else, because I knew you guys would take me seriously, and I appreciated that.
I will admit though, because I'm a very honest person, I am finding this a bit amusing. But that is because I did not expect such outragrous reactions!! I do not feel shame or regret, especially because I think I may have discovered something.
To respond to something else I read, why do it at all? Why swallow? ...People do it. No, we don't have to do it. But people could have been doing it and not realizing what semen actually contained. There's citric acid in there you know, and lactic acid I think. In small amounts, that stuff can be unsafe.

You can email me about this new
      #267177 - 06/02/06 09:37 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

but it's not a topic for discussion on the boards, and clearly you do not know the details. You're welcome to email help@helpforibs.com if you'd like. I'll delete any further posts about this.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Folks, if you are offended by sexual questions that relate to IBS... new
      #267178 - 06/02/06 09:41 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

please don't read threads that are about that topic. I am not going to moderate these boards to the level of children. I go pretty far to keep the discussions on here as open as possible, and people get offended by just about everything (and write me to complain). If I start heading in the direction of banning what offends one person I guarantee you it would mean removing posts that are suitable to lots of others. The only option I have is to keep things as open as reasonably possible.

I'll say it again - I don't think this post crossed a line. If you personally do, don't keep reading this thread.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Folks, if you are offended by sexual questions that relate to IBS... new
      #267189 - 06/02/06 10:01 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Bravo Heather!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39717

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review