All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Great news about the pep caps!
      #261446 - 05/04/06 06:50 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I'm anxious to try the new heavier coated peppermint capsules, I just ordered them. The other ones gave me reflux problems. I think your supposed to take them 30 min before meals. Is that right?

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes - take on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal. -nt- new
      #261645 - 05/04/06 04:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Yes - take on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal. -nt- new
      #261891 - 05/05/06 05:28 PM
franny

Took them today with no adverse reactions. I took them an hour before I ate. Hope this is the answer to making the caps work. Thanks Heather for searching for a way to make them work.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Re: Great news about the pep caps! new
      #262074 - 05/07/06 09:08 AM

Unregistered

Franny

I have been rather absent from these boards in recent times as I have been trying to get my head around a diabetes diagnosis(& I had obtained some stability with the ibs due to Acacia & acidopholus) - I do not remember seeing anything about new peppermint capsules - can you tell me where to find the info please??
My ibs.d has been rather rough again this last fortnight and I tried my peppermint capsules (heathers) but I landed up with burning bm and also reflux (which I do not suffer from!)
Thank you.
Judith

#262380 - 05/08/06 09:02 PM
franny

I first saw it last week in my Heather's newsletter. There was a link to go to order them. But I'm sure it's in the "IBS supplements" on the left side of these pages. Go take a look. So far no reflux or bm problems with the new heavier coated caps. I've been using them a few days now. I usually take 1 of them 30 min to 1 hr before I eat.
Good luck...

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#262687 - 05/10/06 11:49 AM
wolfy9

Reged: 03/30/06

one of the problems i had with the original caplets was the massive pain and heartburn i had most of the time after taking it on an empty stomach.

will the new enteric coating still be as good if i take them after let's say 8oz of water with acaida powder in the morning? because i would like to take both before i go to work.

#262691 - 05/10/06 11:55 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

According to the directions, taking the pep caps with a full glass of water can make the enteric coating break down. So I'm not sure how you would space these out if you're taking a glass of water w/ acacia too.

Directions: Take one capsule, one to three times daily, with just enough cool liquid to swallow easily. Do not take with a large glass of liquid as this can dissolve the enteric coating (the coating is impervious to stomach acid but dissolves in water). Take on an empty stomach one hour before eating. Alternately, take right before a meal. Do not chew.

Those are different directions than I got.... new
      #262839 - 05/11/06 09:03 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I didn't know you could take them right before a meal! I have always had trouble with them on an empty tummy in the past. I ordered the new ones but haven't tried them yet.

My bottle says "Take 1 capsule, one to three times daily. Take on an empty stomach one hour before eating. Take with just enough cool (not warm) liquid to swallow easily. Do not chew. Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1061

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review