All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy, Rice or Oat? Which do you like best???
      #2549 - 03/12/03 12:23 AM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

What do you all like the best? Soy Milk, Oat Milk, or Rice Milk????
I love Silk chocolate Soy milk so far. I wanna try the oat and rice yet, but I would really love to hear from all of you and your opinions on it. And if I get oat or rice, which brands are the best???

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy, Rice or Oat? Which do you like best??? new
      #2562 - 03/12/03 05:12 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I tried rice milk a couple of years ago and hated it. Someone posted they liked rice dream, rice milk so I tried it and I love it. Also there is a brand called YU basmati rice milk and that is good too.

#2602 - 03/12/03 12:37 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Gotta agree, Silk is fabulous. I like their vanilla as well as chocolate, and next holiday season make sure you get their soynogg. It tastes exactly like eggnog but is totally safe - I hoard it every Christmas. They also make Silk soy yogurt, which I really like. If you drain the plain yogurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth or paper towels for a few days, you get a thick spread you can use like cream cheese in recipes.

I routinely buy the Whole Foods 365 store brand of plain soy milk for cooking, vanilla for drinking. It's only .99 per box. I also like every brand of oat milk I've ever tried - I think Pacific was the most recent one. Rice milk is dicey - I can't remember all the brands I've tried, but some I've loved and others were awful.

You really have to play around a bit - the brands vary a lot and so do people's taste preferences here.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2607 - 03/12/03 12:45 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

i bought some pasific almond milk today and it is ok. I don't know if I didn't shake it enough but it was a little gritty.

#2634 - 03/12/03 05:45 PM
MaryKay

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Colorado, USA

I also love Silk vanilla and chocolate soy milks. And like Heather, for plain soy milk I use Whole Foods 365 brand. Silk is made right here in Boulder, CO by White Wave. I like to buy local!

Mary Kay

Re: Silk soy milk new
      #2641 - 03/12/03 09:19 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Hey, I already posted this info once, and I don't want to take away from anyone's list of safe foods, but Silk soy milk contains a thickener called carrageenan that isn't great for us: http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cda.html-command=TodayQA-questionId=44833-pt=Question

Re: Silk soy milk new
      #2723 - 03/13/03 11:40 AM
MaryKay

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Colorado, USA

Thanks for the info Tess! The good news is that the carrageenan is the last ingredient besides the added vitamins, so there is not much in it, and at least the vanilla soy milk, is actually not very thick at all. I find that it is very similar to real milk. Its also organic.

Mary Kay

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review