Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm BACK!
      #25385 - 11/03/03 10:30 PM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Hello Everyone!

Wow! It's been a long time hasn't it? Here's the update: I moved back to Canada on July 31st! Yay! I do miss Japan a lot but its great to be home. Much less stressful. In fact I've really got my IBS under control.

*BONUS* I had a full physical done and it turns out that I have a -hypothyroid- which seems is the root of ALL my problems. I just started the medications so hopefully things will start to get better. I'm actually really excited that I'm going to be on pills for the rest of my life - sounds morbid but its really a relief. Previously I had no explanations for why I had all these weird problems. Now I know

Anyway, its good to be back and I shall be on here more often!

Cheers!
Kim

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm BACK! new
      #25392 - 11/04/03 03:37 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hey Kim

Glad you're going to be around again. It's great they've given you a diagnosis, fingers crossed that you will feel much better now. I know Japan must have been a wonderful experience but sometimes there's nowhere better than home

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#25395 - 11/04/03 04:01 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Kim!

It's good to see you!

Glad you finally got a proper checkup and some answers. You'll have to keep us posted on how you make out with the meds.

#25409 - 11/04/03 06:39 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hey welcome back fellow Canadian!! Glad you found out what ails you. Take care. Sue

#25422 - 11/04/03 08:29 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Welcome back Kimbo!!
Glad you found out what is causing your problems and you will feel better on meds.
One of my friends has hypothyroid and when she was tested her TSH levels were at 50. She is doing awesome on her meds now and had her second baby a year ago.
Good Luck.

#25453 - 11/04/03 10:29 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hey! I was wondering where my fellow Canadian was! Glad you're back on home turf and that things are going well. The more people I talk to I realize that thyroid problems are very common. Hey, if the meds work - I'm with you - enjoy the resultsS.
Take care and talk to you soon.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Welcome back!! -nt- new
      #25461 - 11/04/03 10:58 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#26187 - 11/08/03 01:42 PM
andie18

Reged: 08/07/03

Hi Kim San,

How long were you in Japan for? I have a friend who has been just outside of Tokyo for a couple of years now teaching English.. so much for her going home after a year!?!?!

I'm writing because I am trying to figure out the relationship of a slow thyroid to IBS .. among other things.

I'm really frustrated these days as I have a naturopath telling me all my symptoms are due to hypothryoidism, but my 'traditional' doctor won't believe it until it shows up on a test. Many books are saying that symptoms should be enough to prove a slow thyroid.

My constipation is so severe and proper eating doesn't seem to help. I'm gaining weight at such a rapid speed and my despression is getting worse etc etc etc.

I'm really at my wits end and hope you can maybe give me some insight to your thyroid diagnosis.

Cheers...
Adrianna

#29591 - 12/01/03 02:07 PM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Hey Adrianna - are you sure you're not me?

Email me at kimandlucas@hotmail.com - look for me online using that address if you use messenger. Let's chat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1389

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review