Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Heather's Fennel Tea new
      #250677 - 03/07/06 07:10 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi there

I don't care for the taste much...so I mix them! I LOVE pepp tea with fennel and green tea mixed. Just me tho.

Lots of ppl mix their fennel up with other flavors cause they don't like the taste.

Do you like black licorice? If you do...you'll love fennel. If not...you might have to mix it. But NOTHING beats fennel tea when it comes to gas

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh, I never steep mine new
      #250703 - 03/08/06 05:35 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Beth, I fill up my largest mug, pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes, drop a tea bag into the hot water and forget about it for 15 minutes. By the time I come back to it, the tea is strong and cool enough to sip on. Works like a charm for me!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: Oh, I never steep mine new
      #250761 - 03/08/06 10:44 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Beth, I am terrible! I double-bag & steep for at least five minutes! Heck, sometimes I even triple or quadrouple bag. I like it POTENT, lol! Yes, seriously. AND IT WORKS!!! Especially if I'm cramping.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: me too new
      #250764 - 03/08/06 10:48 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Celestial Seasonings peppermint is ok, but Heather's is fantastic! It's way stronger and I've used it (plus a tablespoon of acacia) to stop a D attack dead.

I have both the loose tea (to use at home with a tea ball or teapot) and the teabags (for travel and for times where I feel too crappy to fiddle with a tea ball).

--AC, parenthetical today

Re: You could get a cheaper box at a HFS new
      #250784 - 03/08/06 12:26 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

Thanks for the replies....I think I'm going to order it anyways and use the suggestions of mixing something with it. I'm sure if I experiment enough with it that I'll find my niche. I'd rather feel less bloated anyways. I've been so bloated lately that it seems like everything that I eat, even in small quantities, makes me feel like I ate a huge meal. It gets really frustrating after awhile as you all know. I'm so desperate that I am going for the fennel tea.

Thanks again,

Carol

No, it's not actually cheaper... new
      #250787 - 03/08/06 12:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

the HFS brands have much, much smaller quantites of tea and the cost per tea bag is a lot higher. The volatile oil content is also a lot lower, as you're virtually never getting whole fennel seeds in tea bags from HFS.

There's more to look at than just flat price - look at price per quantity, and quality as well.

If it was easy for people to find high quality, whole seed fennel teas or tea bags with high volatile oil contents, I wouldn't bother carrying this on our website.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Heather...you misunderstood I think new
      #250789 - 03/08/06 12:44 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

The poster just wanted a small sample to test the taste of fennel before buying yours. I thought this would help her decide about the taste...not that it is equivalent to yours.

I plan on ordering yours now.

Please don't think I was trying to compare the two!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

No problem! new
      #250799 - 03/08/06 01:24 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

The taste might not be the same, though. It's hard to say - I've had regular store fennel tea that doesn't taste at all right to me, and other folks have said the same. Fresh fennel tastes a lot sweeter - if it's old it can taste kind of musty or bitter.
- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Do you have to crush the seeds?-nt new
      #250808 - 03/08/06 01:59 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I have the seeds too & think they're fantastic! I don't crush them at all. I put them in a strainer (that fits in my mug), pour hot water over them & let them sit for 10 min or so. The best part is after the tea is gone, I can nibble on the seeds to get more benefit. This takes a while to get used to cause the taste is kinda strong but it definitely helps with the bloating. I usually use about 2T per mug
Meryl
IBS-C

Oh yah, you HAVE TO steep it! new
      #250829 - 03/08/06 04:02 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I'm another one who lets it steep 15 mins or so.
You have to steep it! The stronger the tea, the more it's going to help!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review