All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: No problem! new
      #250831 - 03/08/06 04:04 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

That's the difference I noticed in your fennel vs. store-bought fennel... the store-bought has kind of a musty and bitter taste to it. It's not terrible, just not... pleasant. I looove the taste of the fennel I buy off the site though (Thank you!)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yes Heather's fennel tastes sweeter and better than other fennel -nt new
      #250839 - 03/08/06 04:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Ashley/fennel new
      #250840 - 03/08/06 04:17 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Ashley!

For a while during the summer I got C (I'm usually D) for about a month, due, mostly, to it being a somewhat stressful period in my personal life. During this time my bloating became really bad - as in, all the time, and painful. I had some of Heather's fennel tea in my cupboard - I usually just use it whenever I get really bloated, i.e. after the fact - and it does help. But I found it to be a godsend for actually preventing bloating and helping to get me stabilized again. For me, when I was C, I found that I really needed to drink 3 cups of it (brewed really strong) throughout the day (1 in the morning, 1 after lunch and 1 after dinner), every day, to bring down and then prevent the bloat and pain. It really really helped, but I really did need to completely overload on it - as in I really needed all 3 cups. I've kind of backed off on the fennel a little because I've gone back to being mostly stable (with occasional D) and don't find that I need it as much, but it sure did help me get through the workday during the summer!

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience to let you know that it CAN BE really helpful - but you may need to be drinking more of it to realize the benefits!

I DEF. like the way yours tastes better... new
      #251152 - 03/09/06 01:30 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

in fact...I made it really hot yesterrday for my bronchitus and I forgot to mix it with green tea and it tasted super good! I always mixed it cause I didn't like the way fennel tasted from the HFS brand I used to buy.

Heather...you just ROCK! No doubt about it!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: You could get a cheaper box at a HFS new
      #251153 - 03/09/06 01:31 PM
Serenity64

Reged: 09/02/05
Loc: Illinois

I took the advice of trying some I got at my local HFS, and I love it!!! So, now I'm going to order Heather's. It's funny how everyone's taste is different. I can't stomach ginger tea, I tried and tried and it's just not my taste, but I really enjoyed the taste of fennel. I'm excited to get the good stuff from Heather!

--------------------
IBS C, Spasms

Aw thanks!!! -nt- new
      #251197 - 03/09/06 04:24 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7831

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review