All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Products for IBS - your experiences?
      #246149 - 02/14/06 07:48 AM
Devan

Reged: 02/14/06

Hi

First time post! been reading for a while though and these are a great help.

Anyway has anyone had any luck with products for IBS? i dont mean the usual immodium etc but things like those pills you can get in health stores and the web.

Im taking Lactobacillus plantarium capsules as recommended by my local health shop - cant say its done anything though.

Also using charcoal capsules which do help. Dont use herbal teas as they seem to make me worse

Has anyone heard/used Bowtrol?

Im in UK which means we dont get alot of stuff though...

any thoughts/experiences?

thanks in advance!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Products for IBS - your experiences? new
      #246219 - 02/14/06 10:36 AM
CaliSnowboarder

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: San Francisco, CA

I'm curious about Bowtrol as well. I just read about it a couple days ago. It's very expensive though, so I don't want to buy it without people telling me it does work.
If I hear anything, I'll be sure to pass it on. I currently use the following to help my condition (IBS-D) Carob Powder, fiber, and prescription drugs Lotronex & Lomotil. And lots of deep breaths and taking this damn condition one day at a time.
Check into Cilansetron in UK. It's been bounced from USA FDA b/c of cost of testing...:( but UK is still testing it and looks promising.

Just an FYI about Bowtrol (and it's not good).... new
      #246264 - 02/14/06 12:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

they have plagiarized my copyrighted dietary information on their website. I have my publisher and attorney taking measures. To me, that doesn't say anything good about their company, which would certainly lead me to question their product.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Very uncool of them!-nt new
      #246273 - 02/14/06 12:49 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#246343 - 02/14/06 04:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Probiotics has helped me a lot. Try getting one with different strains. Fibre supplements helped too.

#246436 - 02/15/06 06:12 AM
Devan

Reged: 02/14/06

thanks Im gonna google it later!!

i didnt raise hopes much re:boetrol all those things on web seem too good to be true...too many banners with exclamation marks - "cure your IBS in a day!!!!" - yeah right if only lol

How often do you take Lomotil and Lotronex?
      #246438 - 02/15/06 06:16 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I have Lomotil and take it maybe 2x a week. I'm finding it doesn't work like it used to for me. Maybe I'm getting an immunity to it or something. Is Lotronex a similar type product? I am a IBS-D also and my problem is mostly just going too much. Not always D but volumes! It really has "cramped" my lifestyle, no pun intended!

Sandy

Re: Products for IBS - your experiences?
      #247061 - 02/18/06 03:48 AM
LivsMama

Reged: 01/20/06
Loc: Coastal South Carolina

I have been taking Lotronix for about 6 months now--sometimes 2x a day and sometimes once a day. At first it worked really well then not so well, so upon further investigation, my GI Doc determined that I have IBD as well. I am actually trying right now(this weekend) to stop taking the Lotrinex all together and just try to be on my meds for the IBD and Heather's Diet. I am keeping my fingers crossed....

--------------------
Beth
IBS-D, IBD, Pain
Working toward stability

What brand plantarium capsules?
      #247071 - 02/18/06 07:28 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I have been unable to find this supplement anywhere! Ive read good things about it in the research library.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#275620 - 07/25/06 12:32 PM
Saveena

Reged: 11/22/04
Loc: Texas

After nearly a month of having multiple daily bouts with D... I tried acupuncture. It worked great for a couple of days. Then I'd be right back on the toilet. I take 1/4 c. Benefiber every day along with probiotics. I've been eating rice and yams without any fats like they are going out of style. Bland, white meat chicken or white rice was even setting me off. I drink papaya juice with every meal. I drink peppermint tea after meals.

Yesterday I got some activated charcoal. I started it about 24 hours ago and take it whenever I get that "oh no" bubbly feeling. I've only had one small, loose bowel movement. I'm hoping that the charcoal is the ticket!

~ Lisa

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5849 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3110

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review