All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
seaweed? water chestnuts?
      #23893 - 10/19/03 01:47 PM
abejita

Reged: 10/09/03

I was just wondering if these two particular foods are generally safe. The texture of water chestnuts is so different from other veggies, and I'm not even sure if it's botanically a vegetable, a nut, or something else. And if seaweed is usually tolerated by people with IBS, I think it would be a good way to add vitamins and minerals. Anyone know about seaweed in general, and if certain types are better than others? Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: seaweed? water chestnuts? new
      #23928 - 10/19/03 07:28 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - these are both pretty high in insoluble fiber, but very healthy, so eat them but be careful. Seaweed is great in rice wine vinegar as a salad (have with Asian food, and lots of white rice). Water chestnuts are a crispy addition to stir fried veggies (cook till all the other veggies are quite tender, and again get your soluble fiber from white rice). You can also puree water chestnuts with shrimp to make fabulous shrimp toast - like in Chinese restaurants, but baked not fried. Recipe is in a past newsletter here web page

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 855 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 443

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review