Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chiropractic care and IBS
      #23397 - 10/14/03 04:09 PM
Teg

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in a while but have been logging in periodically to check the boards. I was just wondering if anyone sees a chiropractor for their IBS. I recently went to a seminar at work about dealing with stress and how good spinal and nervous system health can be the key to so many problems and was wondering if anyone here could share any info with me. I actually have an appoointment with him tomorrow for just the initial work-up and x-rays no manipulation at all and was hoping for some feedback before I go.
Thanks
T

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chiropractic care and IBS new
      #23402 - 10/14/03 05:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Welllll....I love my chiropractor for back and shoulder and neck problems, but I don't necessarily believe that spinal manipulation can help my IBS. It never has, and I was actually taken to a chiropractor as a child for IBS, with zero success. I figure it can't hurt, might help, so if you're seeing him for something as well why not try?

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#23407 - 10/14/03 05:44 PM
Kristin

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: New Jersey

I've been going to a chiropractor for a year and a half. I've noticed a difference in my health overall, but not for my IBS. But, since the chiropractor care has helped my asthma and allergies, I figure that the less stress I'm putting on my body the better.

Kristin

#23423 - 10/14/03 07:24 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

For Heather have you ever heard of herb-a-calm tea?
Found it on the web, wondered if that is good for us, it's all in one. What about drug interactions?
Thanks Sherri

Never heard of the tea - what's in it? -nt- new
      #23429 - 10/14/03 09:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Never heard of the tea - what's in it? -nt- new
      #23540 - 10/15/03 07:39 PM
sherr1

rosemary, blessed thistle, peppermint,chamomile,lemongrass,
valerian root. This is off the top of my head. The web site is www.herbacalm.com. Have another questioned, if I have some mentrual cramps but no D or C and use the chamomile tea,will get my D back will?? I'm still learning about herbal teas. How safe is it to use Tylenol??
Thanks Sherr

#23541 - 10/15/03 07:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

The tea sounds fine - valerian can make you sleepy. Chamomile will only help, both cramps and IBS. Also try peppermint or fennel. Red raspberry leaf is good for cramps too - and hot packs right on your abdomen.

Do a board search for Tylenol.

- Heather

--------------------

#23542 - 10/15/03 07:50 PM
sherr1

Thanks soo much, I have heard also of raspberry tea and recently purchased it, for those properties, but wasn't to sure when I should attempt to use it. Glad to talk about herbal teas because they are so good for us in the right combo.
Thanks again Sherri

Re: Chiropractic care and IBS/Activator Method Info (which is GREAT) & Question new
      #23548 - 10/15/03 09:31 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Hi Teg,
I 've gone to a FANTASTIC chiro who uses the activator method occasionally since a yr. ago July. Int. only gave me Vioxx which didn't do a thing and kept telling me to go to emergency....which I FINALLY did. They took x-rays,said some arthritis, and gave me pain pills. Internist said to go to orthopedic doc, but had heard so much abt. this Chiro doc.....that I tried him and was I EVER GLAD!!!!!

NO MANIPULATION at all.........! Just a little plunger the siz of a nickel/quarter and you don't feel a thing but.....WOW.....could barely walk/stand and after lst time w/him, I went garage saling most of the pm right afterwards.

He found me anothe great activator one in Fl practically ard the corner...gal and she's also great. WHENEVER I HAVE A CHIRO problem, I go to them and it's cleared up in NO TIME!!! Neighbor had been having back problems for yrs. ....was taking codine for it. Talked her into going and it was taken care of in 2 treatments .......which only take a few mins.

I did ask him if he did anything for IBS and answer was no, but am tempted to have him TRY.......if he would........on the spot that really bothers me (A WHOLE LOT MORE NOW).

Am thinking it's worth a try and WONDER WHAT ANYONE HAS TO SAY RE THIS???

Know the woman chiro in Fl says it helps entire body and has helped my allergies, etc. too.

GL........Marnie

Just about any herbal tea is helpful for IBS... new
      #23552 - 10/15/03 11:10 PM
HeatherAdministrator

as long as there isn't caffeine or senna in it. Most herbs and spices are digestive aids, so whatever tastes good to you, and is strong enough to be effective, should really help. I like to look for organic teas, and I like bulk teas that I can buy loose and brew in tea strainers so they're stronger. But there's so many flavors and combos to choose from, pick your favorite and enjoy!

- Heather

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review