Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advice on Antidepressants
      #23154 - 10/12/03 05:58 AM
ColbySD

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: San Diego, Ca

Morning all,
I was at the Docs on friday and was given a low dose of Imipramine - I have never taken it before and was wondering if anyone else has taken it, and how they fared with it.
I am at a stage where I can't leave the house, but to run down the street to the store real quick. I am afraid - petrified actually that I will have an attack and not be able to get home. My attacks seem to come quickly and sometimes with no warning. I hope the Imipramine can help...

One other thing, does anyone else seem to be more worried when someone else is driving you somewhere, as opposed to when you are in control and behind the wheel? Just curious on this one...

Thanks so much
Colby

--------------------
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
--Bern Williams

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advice on Antidepressants new
      #23156 - 10/12/03 07:48 AM
princessmichele

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: new york

I don't know much about antidepressants so I cannot be of help there. I do prefer to be the driver myself. On short trips I can drive with my husband or family members but mostly always prefer to be the one driving.

#23160 - 10/12/03 08:31 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Colby - I don't know anything about the antidepressents, but weren't you doing the hypno tapes? Have they helped any?

I am the same way with driving. If I'm feeling unsteady, my fiance lets me drive. Luckily it doesn't happen that often anymore, but I used to be that way ALL the time. And I wanted to drive, because it helped me feel more in control. Or if we went somewhere, just knowing I drove and I had some control made me feel more comfortable about the whole outing - does that make sense? LOL Anyway, I remembered this old thread on the same topic: web page

BTW: Although I feel better with my fiance, the thought of anyone else driving me somewhere makes me nervous, especially those that don't know I have IBS. I don't like the trapped feeling.

Driving! new
      #23214 - 10/12/03 07:50 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I also don't know anything about antidepressants, but I just thought I'd let you know that I feel the same way about driving! I like to know that I can leave if I'm not feeling well, and if others drive me somewhere I feel like I'm at their whim. I agree that feeling like you have no control is often a very uncomfortable feeling when you're worrying about IBS problems! It's kind of sad, because I never used to be that way, but I guess that's just the way things have to be now.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#23223 - 10/13/03 05:42 AM
ColbySD

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: San Diego, Ca

Thanks for the link to the old post Mags, was interesting to read. Glad others feel that way too, thought I was getting way to weird

To answer the Hypno question, yes...I was doing the tapes and they were helping. I need to start them again very soon. I stopped after my puppy began her little terror phase - will begin again soon. I always take the 1st CD with me when I go to the Drs., listen to it in the waiting room - his voice is sooo soothing.

Colby

--------------------
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
--Bern Williams

re: driving..... new
      #23227 - 10/13/03 07:27 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I, too, feel more comfortable if I drive. I feel that I am more in control when or if an attack should happen.

Love the picture Kree! -nt- new
      #23247 - 10/13/03 11:49 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Talk about panicking on the road!!! new
      #23264 - 10/13/03 02:59 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My husband had today off (Columbus Day, you know, banker's hours) and we went to an outlet mall about 90 miles away. On the way home, there was a bad wreck on the interstate. Traffic was backed up for miles. We had just eaten lunch and I had had my one splurge---a Diet Coke (ok, 2 Diet Cokes). I immediately panicked of the thought of being stuck on the interstate, especially since I had woken up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps. With miles of cars and not even a tree in sight (funny how your mind contemplates where you would go in an emergency!), God answered my prayer by stopping us directly next to an exit for the SC Welcome Center. Yeah!!!! A bathroom. A whole room full of toilets. Clean ones too!!! Thank you, Lord.

#23280 - 10/13/03 05:36 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I prefer either my husband or i to drive. Him if he's coming with me-because i always turn the wrong way!
Seriously-either of us is fine-brcause he know s if I have to go, i have to go! mary

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Re: Driving! new
      #23282 - 10/13/03 05:49 PM
leigh

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: texas

So true! My husband is still getting used to my lifestyle change, and gets upset when I want to drive our own car. But just knowing I can leave when I need to seems to make me feel better!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1163

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review