All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
fruit causing problems
      #23152 - 10/12/03 05:06 AM
Robbie

Reged: 07/03/03

I have found fruit to be the number one trigger for me, above fat and insoluble fiber from vegetables.
I can always tolerate insoluble fiber from any source other than fruit.
is there any way I can incorporate fruit into my diet without it causing problems?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fruit causing problems new
      #23155 - 10/12/03 07:44 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm the same way. Try cooking them - Heather's peach cobbler is yummy and safe - it comes with biscuit topping to help digest. I also like her Strawberry smoothies - pureed helps. Applesauce is also a good bet. Pureed and cooked help fruits immensely. Always try with a good soluble fibre base - bread, angel food cake, rice, etc.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#23161 - 10/12/03 09:37 AM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Yes I have problems with raw fruit also, and I've found that if you try eating some baby food fruits they are very safe and delicious! If you take them to work and you don't want people to think you're weird (haha), try getting the resealable packs, and taking off the wrapper underneath the lid, then putting the lid on and taking it to work with you. No one will ever know! I think they're very good, and there's many different choices. hope this helps!!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#23221 - 10/13/03 03:13 AM
Robbie

Reged: 07/03/03

not just raw fruit...any fruit
canned peaches are always cooked cos thats how their made (they cause problems)
I think it might be the fructose?
im not sure

#23231 - 10/13/03 07:53 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yes, I eat baby food fruit too! I buy pear sauce, apple sauce and apple/blueberry sauce in the small baby food jars. Usually the composition of these baby food fruit sauces are very basic -- just the fruit and water and no additives except for (in the U.S.) ascorbic acid. In Canada, the baby food manufacturers don't usually add anything.

We have diabeties in my family and I get dizzy from sugar so I always use the baby food fruit sauce as jam on my bread in the morning because it is very plain and has no added sugar (other than the natural sugar contained in fruit). I've been doing this for 14 years now!

I eat only half of the fruit sauce in the small baby food jar for breakfast and I save the other half for the next day. I find I can tolerate certain foods if I keep them to a minimum. Since fruit can be an IBS trigger, I am naturally cautious!

By the way, I have found I can't tolerate baby food peach sauce no matter how small the quantity.

Belinda

#23241 - 10/13/03 11:27 AM
bri21

Reged: 09/30/03

hello, I have been taking Juice Plus to get my nutrients from fruits and vegetables. I know this way you don't enjoy the foods flavor but it has worked for me and I have heard of other's stories of how Juice Plus has helped their fight with IBS. I don't know if it has helped the IBS at all but it is nice to know I am still getting the things I need from these essential foods. I am also about to put up a post about Juice Plus to see if anyone else has heard of it and what the results are from other's using it. Good luck! Brian

--------------------
Smile everybody tommorrow is a good day.

Probably the fructose... new
      #23243 - 10/13/03 11:41 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

some people are quite intolerant to fructose. This is actually a different problem than IBS, though you can also have both. Do a board search for fructose, and check the research library under diet. In some past posts there are lists of lower-fructose fruit that you may be able to tolerate.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Just added an article to the library about this... new
      #23250 - 10/13/03 12:15 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Check here web page

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 858 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1016

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review