All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for Heather ( prescriptions and supplements)
      #22491 - 10/05/03 03:14 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi Heather,

I have a few questions about prescriptions and supplements. I take Ortho Tri-Cyclen, (birth control) Synthroid (hypothyroid) and Hyoscyamine. Then I have a women's complete vitamin, pro biotic (acidophilus) and enteric coated peppermint supplements and Citrucel tablets (4 three times a day). I'm wondering the best way to take them all.

Synthroid I'm suppose to take in the morning with out food. One hour before or 2-3 hours after a meal. Also say's not to take with vitamins or fiber. The birth control I take at night. So now I'm wondering what's the best way to take the rest.

How often should I take the Acidophilus? It says serving size 2 capsules (1,200mg). I'm just a little overwhelmed with all this stuff and want to make sure I'm taking it right. If you could help me figure out the best way to do this it would be great!!! Thanks so much!

Steph

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi all, and thanks to Heather! new
      #22498 - 10/05/03 06:34 PM
skywalker

Reged: 09/08/03
Loc: CT USA

I just wanted to give Heather a bit of thanks.

I know it's really early to see results, but after following the diet for a month I feel great. I have never felt better. No attacks yet at day 31 and counting. I've followed the diet almost to the letter, although I think I might slip a bit on my 3 week vacation starting tues. I have just recently started the excercise. I've even lost 5 pounds. At 5'8" and 155 that's as far as I care to go.

Thank you Heather.

--------------------
Luke
<><

Edited by skywalker (10/05/03 06:52 PM)

Re: Hi all, and thanks to Heather! new
      #22500 - 10/05/03 07:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Thanks Luke! That's super news!!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Question for Heather ( prescriptions and supplements) new
      #22502 - 10/05/03 07:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Steph - the vitamins and probiotics you'll want to take with food. The Citrucel can be taken with or without food, but it's usually helpful to take it before meals. Same thing with the peppermint caps, and you can take the caps and fiber together. The birth control you can just keep taking at night - it won't matter if you're taking food, fiber, or pep caps right before or after it.

So I guess you'd take the thyroid med first thing upon arising. Then after an hour you'd take fiber and pep caps before breakfast. More fiber and pep caps before lunch and again before dinner. Might want to throw in the vitamins and probiotics after lunch or dinner, so you're on a full stomach. Then last fiber (and more caps if you're taking that many) before bed, with b/c as well.

Whew! That's quite a schedule.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Skywalker new
      #22521 - 10/06/03 05:15 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

So glad to know you are feeeling better. See, the diet does work if you follow it. (I have a problem staying with it.) I've been eating lots of junk lately, and have really paid for it.
I thought about you yesterday at church. My neighbor, who is a pilot, was there in his uniform. He had just flown in before church services. He is almost retirement age. I told my husband, "See that's the age pilot I want in the cockpit when I'm flying! No young first year pilot for me!" Ha!

Re: Question for Heather ( prescriptions and supplements) THANKS HEATHER!!! Big help!! nt new
      #22535 - 10/06/03 09:34 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

--------------------

Re: beaglelover new
      #22553 - 10/06/03 11:20 AM
skywalker

You're too funny blover. Always the nervous flyer.
You reminded me of my first job in 1990 flying charters out of nantucket ma. at only 20 i got carde by several passengers that summer. it was fun though. who does your church friend fly for?
unfortunately i miss church every other week as my sched is 7 on 7 off.

see ya gotta go to boston

--------------------
Luke
<><

Re: beaglelover new
      #22604 - 10/06/03 05:09 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

He used to work for US Air, but was laid off. Now he flies for Piedmont, a regional carrier.

Re: beaglelover too funny new
      #22703 - 10/07/03 12:31 PM
skywalker

Too funny beag!

I used to work for Mesa airlines and we flew for USAirways.
I know the story all too well. Most of my friends from usair are furloughed. I wish him all the luck it's not easy to take a step backwards.

--------------------
Luke
<><

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2900

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review