All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
i love my package from the online store & a few tips i've found using the products
      #20957 - 09/17/03 12:35 AM
queenie

Reged: 04/04/03
Loc: Texas, USA

hi everyone,

i just got in my box of goodies from heather's online store and thoroughly impressed! the peppermint caps are fantastic and about half the price of what i find in my local health food stores. it's also great they contain the other beneficial supplements of ginger and fennel...one less thing i have to worry about taking.

the teas are also fantastic at an even better bargain, especially since they are organic, which is important to me. i've been making the peppermint tea by the gallon. i like to drink it cold, so i keep it in the fridge, but for those who like it warm can easily nuke it. brewing is easy when you put the tea in a coffee filter, fold and staple it like it was a giant tea bag and put it in the coffee pot. i'm pretty sure you can put the tea directly into the coffee pot and strain it before you put it into a container. i'm pretty sure this is a good way to make it, as i've done this with tea for a while. the water doesn't actually boil so it won't break down the good stuff in the herbs. if i'm wrong, please correct me. but the tea is great.

the product i'm most satisfied with is the microwaveable hot packs. i keep 2 in the freezer and 1 on my kitchen shelf (though i'm usually using one). i know most people like hot on their tummy, but i like cold. i'm sure it's because texas is already hot as hell. any way, much better than ice packs that inevitably leak or get messy what i did is cut the sheet into 2 x 4 squares (like 3 little rectangles per sheet), roll them up in a ball and place them in the freezer. when they freeze they retain a curved shape which fits your abdomen...custom fit comfort. when i had a migraine a few days ago it worked well on my head. i tried out the warm option of the packs when i started female cramps yesterday (the time i do like the heat) and boy it was nice! much better than a heating pad, doesn't use electricity, and most importantly, won't burn down my house these things will definitely come in handy on my commutes to class or in the bad houston traffic.

thanks so much heather for offering these items online. i'm so happy you have made them available and, in my case, incredibly cheaper than my local health food stores. i'm looking forward to any new additions. to those of you who are thinking about placing an order DO IT!!! you'll feel so much better

amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aw, thank you Amy!!! -nt- new
      #20958 - 09/17/03 01:06 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

The Hot Packs new
      #20963 - 09/17/03 03:45 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I love the hot packs! They are much better than a heating pad. Of course for the lack of being able to catch on fire, but I really love how portable they are. They are even better than the ThermaCare pads in my opinion. I have not tried them cold yet, but definitely like the warm. I took the cover from my heating pad and use that to wrap in it after heating.

I definetley recommend them to anyone - these things are great!

Also, thanks for the great tip on the tea. I was just telling my fiance last night the only thing I hate about tea is you have to go through a production to get a cup - not just like pouring a drink out of the fridge. (I know - I'm lazy! LOL) And I thought about making a pot, but I was thinking iced tea - I never thought of heating it up in the microwave a cup at a time! Duh!!!!! Thanks for the great tip!

Edited by Mags2003 (09/17/03 03:49 AM)

Question About Hot Packs new
      #20990 - 09/17/03 08:15 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

1) About how thick do the packs get once the hydration process has been done?

2) Are they light enough to maybe wear inside your panties, under your clothes and not fall out?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Question About Hot Packs new
      #21006 - 09/17/03 10:09 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I'd say they get about 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick tops.

They are light enough to wear inside your panties. I've done that while wearing sweatpants, but I definitely wouldn't be able to button my jeans over them. I wouldn't wear them in public like that, because you can definitely tell something's in there. Not as discreet as Thermacare, so I'm going with the Thermacare by day, hot packs by night.

Re: Question About Hot Packs new
      #21007 - 09/17/03 10:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

That is what I needed to know! I'm using the one for the office like thermacare, I don't recall the name right now. I put it on in the morning (7am) it stays "warm" for about 12 hours... but I would love to be able to use Heather's hot packs at night after dinner and be able to take them to bed I'll just have to order some

Thanks Mags

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

This is how I do it too! new
      #21011 - 09/17/03 10:47 AM
HeatherAdministrator

I do wear the hot packs under pajamas when I'm at home, and I've used them under my clothes when I'm driving, but they're too thick to actually wear beneath anything form-fitted. The stick-on patches are better for that. The hot packs are great for nighttime.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Great Infro new
      #21018 - 09/17/03 11:39 AM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

I just love both the peppermint and fennel teas! What a great idea to brew them for the fridge! I also like to chew the fennel seeds, because I am in habit of chewing anise seeds as well. It sounds weird, I know, but they are beneficial this way and it I think they taste good!

The peppermint caps are great and so is the Eating for IBS cookbook.

The cold-hot packs are a hit, and are wonderful for travel, and for my 15 yr old daughter; no longer do I have to worry about electrical cords while either of us are resting or fall to sleep with these hot packs.

I would also like to thank you again Heather for providing such good quality, cost effective (in the large quantitiy bags of the teas), to help us find added comforts. I think these products are absolutely wonderful! ~ Marilyn xx

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Thanks Marilyn!! -nt- new
      #21019 - 09/17/03 11:41 AM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

Re: i love my package from the online store & a few tips i've found using the products new
      #21022 - 09/17/03 12:00 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

These are such great ideas! I love both the teas, and the bag is huge! I also like to chew the fennel seeds, sounds weird, but actually they are good and helpful this way as well.

The book is wonderful, the peppermint caps are great and the hot cold packs are super for travel and for bedtime. Now my daughter and I don't have to worry about electrical cords, and the packs conform better and have no smell like those cherry pit cloth thingys, which are nice, but you can't wash, they don't fit the body, and they, well, sort of smell! Ack!

Thanks Heather for helping to bring such great products to keep our lives more comfortable! I am really loving everything.

And what a great idea to brew a bigger batch of tea! Why didn't I think of this? Great suggestion! Thanks for sharing!

Goodness to all! ~ Marilyn xx

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16939

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review