All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Candy
      #20475 - 09/12/03 09:18 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey in Heather's book the part about on a sweet note she said we can have candy!! What are you guys eating?? I don't know what kind is ok! I don't really like jelly beans...anyone have ideas? I have a big sweet tooth and I'm dying to know! Thanks

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Candy new
      #20492 - 09/12/03 10:41 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I like hard candy like clove drops, jolly ranchers, etc. I'm also okay with swedish fish. I think twizzlers are okay too, but I haven't had them in a long time. Oh, and of course cotton candy! LOL

#20509 - 09/12/03 11:46 AM
StephS

Ok thanks. What about candy made with HFCS?? What do you think?

--------------------

#20510 - 09/12/03 11:50 AM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Steph -

Don't know if you are C or D, I am C, if you are, I recommend Fireballs (Cinnamon Candy) anything Licorice, gummy bears, sour patch kids. All of this is fat free but if you are C anything with cinnamon oil or licorice extract encourage things to keep moving!!!

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

#20513 - 09/12/03 11:52 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Be careful with that. Try to stick to plain old sugar instead. As long as the candy is fat free and dairy free, you should be just fine. For desserts, anyway....this should not be a meal!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Candy Thanks n.t. new
      #20516 - 09/12/03 11:59 AM
StephS

--------------------

#20517 - 09/12/03 12:01 PM
StephS

I switch of between C and D so that's good to know! I love all that candy too!!! Thanks!!!

--------------------

#20535 - 09/12/03 12:32 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Gotta agree with RLU on the Fireballs. I love those things!!! And they take forever to finish unless you want to snap your teeth off!

I have THE worlds biggest sweet tooth. I actually look forward to taking my fiber chewables (Orange Fiber Choice) because they taste like candy to me.

--------------------
~jules

Aaacckk!! I do this too!!! new
      #20537 - 09/12/03 12:37 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I bought FiberChoice tablets over the summer (a new soluble fiber supplement? Gimme! Gimme!) and loved the taste. I took like 8 of them in the first five minutes. Ooohhhh....for the first time in my entire life I had bloating and gas from a fiber supplement. Can't imagine why...

I had to force myself to not eat handfuls at a time after that.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I can't believe it ..... new
      #20541 - 09/12/03 01:07 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

but I felt just the opposite. When I bit into one of those tablets, I thought, "Yuck! How gross!" I hate the taste of them. I think they taste like those orange baby aspirin. I told my husband that I would have never bought them if I had realized they were chewables. (I thought they were pills you swallow.) But I will have to agree with Heather on one thing----they gave me horrible gas pains! Jules, they don't do this to you?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2510

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review