All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How do I take all these pills?
      #19959 - 09/08/03 06:18 PM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

In the morning, I am taking 2 citrucel, 2 imodium, and 2 metabolife. In the afternoon, I am taking 2 citrucel, 1 or 2 imodium, and 2 metabolife. I still need to take my calcium and I need iron because I'm enemic. What is the best way to fit these in so that they work best?

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do I take all these pills? new
      #19965 - 09/08/03 06:41 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Can you take any with snacks or dinner? (I'm assuming by afternoon, you mean lunch? )

I don't know if this will help give you any ideas, but this is how I take all my things:

6 am - citrucel (before am workout then breakfast), 9-10 am - vitamin with morning snack, 12 - calcium with lunch, 6 pm - citrucel before dinner

The reason I spread all this out is, my doc told me to take my meds either 1 hour before or 2 hours after my fiber supplement. I read not to take calcium supplement with multi-vitamins. So, that's what I came up with.

Hope that helps give you some ideas.

Re: How do I take all these pills? new
      #19973 - 09/08/03 07:13 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - All that really matters here is if you're taking anything that's not supposed to be taken with food. The Citrucel can be taken with or without food. The calcium and iron should both be taken with food (though at separate meals, as the calcium can block the absorption of the iron). I'm not sure about the immodium or the metabolife.

Anything that you can take with food (like the vitamins) you should be able to take with the Citrucel, as it's just soluble fiber. It won't interfere with the absorption of anything that can be taken with food, and many meds can (and even should be) taken with food.

Hope this helps.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2536 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review