All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C & Cabbage Soup
      #19382 - 09/02/03 02:02 PM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

For those of you with IBS-C you might want to try the Cabbage soup - the fat burning soup used by weight watchers I just happened to make it because the veggies are cooked and guess what, I have had the best couple of days with my IBS C, I am not following the Cabbage Soup diet just been eating the soup for lunch/dinner until leftovers are gone but seems to really be doing the trick on moving things along.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Check the recipe board or recipe index... new
      #19383 - 09/02/03 02:08 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

A sweet-and-sour cabbage soup was posted months ago and everyone loved it. It's well-cooked, so the insoluble fiber from the veggies is really minimized, and it's served with a soluble fiber base. It's safe for both c and d as a result.

Just make sure to read the notes in the thread about substitutions for the meatballs so you don't use red meat.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: IBS-C & Cabbage Soup new
      #19397 - 09/02/03 04:53 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

If you're not up for cooking the cabbage soup yourself, Tabatchnik brand makes a really decent frozen cabbage soup. I also like their vegetable, mushroom-barley, and chicken with dumplings and noodles soups. A 2-serving package costs $1.89 around here (I found them at Publix) and they're great for lunch at work.

Re: IBS-C & Cabbage Soup new
      #19542 - 09/03/03 02:54 PM
RLU

Reged: 02/04/03
Loc: Jackson, Mississippi

Cool-

I will have to try those for sure!!! We don't have Publix, but may the Brookshires or Super Walmart will have it. I'll check.

--------------------
Screen Name: Nan275

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3582 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1311

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review