All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to group, IBS for 4 years
      #183910 - 06/06/05 09:01 AM
zile04

Reged: 06/06/05

Hi All

I am 27 years old and I have been strugling with IBS & Anxiety Disorder for the past 4 years. My doctor could not tell me what is what at first as I was having these attacks and I felt like I was going to die. I had to come to my own conclusion as to what it was that I have. I even had surgery so they could take a biopsy of my stomack tissue. Of course, nothing was found. Whenever I have attacks I feel like my world is falling apart, I get faint, sweat, sick on both ends...etc. I am sad and no one understands how I feel. I am currently taking Celexa, Wellbutrin, and Protonix. My anxiety brings on attacks and vice versa. I just want to live a normal life and most recently have had urges to start a family. My husband and I just married in January 2004. I am concerned with how I will feel when I am pregnant and how my medicine will affect the growth and heath of my baby. Does anyone have a similar story or advice? My doctor told me that I have an anxiety disorder (which I knew) and I have slight OCD which gets worse under anxiety. Sometimes I panic in a loud restauraunt and once we leave early I just cry and cry. I also gained over 50 pounds since I double my meds about 1 year and 1/2 ago. Losing the weight has been a huge struggle and I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin. I constantly pray that God will heal me of this horrible nightmare.

Kendra

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to group, IBS for 4 years new
      #183938 - 06/06/05 10:53 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Hi and welcome to the boards! I hope you will find some useful information and needed support to help you with your situation. You have placed your problems in the right hands, so anything you learn here will just be icing on the cake as it were! Welcome!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Welcome! I would really urge you to look through the hypnosis new
      #183940 - 06/06/05 11:04 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

section of the site (the link is to your left). Gut-directed hypnotherapy is tremendously successful not just for IBS but for anxiety and panic as well. Read through the info and if you have any questions come post them on the hypnosis message board here.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#183984 - 06/06/05 01:00 PM
zile04

Reged: 06/06/05

Thank you for the advice, I will give it some thought. I have been going to the same doctor since I was in Jr. High so that might give me anxiety. (Of course) But, if the new Doctor knows what he is doing, I might find some comfort in someone who can tell what is going on with my body. Thank you also for the support, it means more than you know.

#184032 - 06/06/05 02:34 PM
pulse

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: sw ohio

wellbutrin, as a general rule, is not recommended for anyone who has anxiety. i know that's exactly why my shrink said he wouldn't ever think of prescribing it for me. it sends alot of people right thru the roof.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1859

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review