All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)
Re: Sand/zucchini new
      #185600 - 06/10/05 05:02 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Sorry, but I can't help laughing re: zucchini (I just consumed some) and well now I know exactly how you feel re: knowledge of the beast! I thought they were a little friendlier than that!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Speaking of Pumpkin seed butter... new
      #185615 - 06/10/05 07:20 PM
badlydrawnboy

Reged: 03/01/05

spread it on toast, mix it in with grains (rice, quinoa, oatmeal, etc.), put it on pancakes, crackers... in all cases combining with SF of course.

Re: Jess?? new
      #185642 - 06/11/05 05:33 AM
serpentes3

Reged: 06/07/05

Good Morning! I guess I am not the only Jessica I don't take straight ginger root unless I am having a very primal day(kidding). I buy cryatalized ginger from Trader Joes. Each piece is ~ a 1/2 inch square and it tastes great. I have used ginger caps before many years ago, but they didn't work as well for me. Hope you you have a wonderful weekend.I am leaving for San Diego in a few.It's a seven hour car drive, I really wish I had a port-a-potty!
~Jess (aka serpentes3)

Re: IBS C Acacia makes "C's" more constipated???!! new
      #186151 - 06/14/05 04:17 AM
Robgrey

Reged: 04/19/05
Loc: Philadelphia, PA

I read someone's post that Acacia makes those with C more
constipated? Tell me it's not true! I just spent $$$
on it! Have other 'C' people experienced this??

Heather? Can you address this. thanks.

Re: IBS C Acacia makes "C's" more constipated???!! new
      #186166 - 06/14/05 06:45 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I thought I got more C the first two months I tried Acacia. I just ordered it a third time after taking a break. Now, I'm taking 1-2 Tbs ground flaxseed in the morning and 2 1/4 tsp Acacia in the evening. This combination, so far, has not made me more C. I've only been trying this "combo" for a week, but have been doing quite well. I'm going to gradually increase the Acacia. (started at 2 tsp and just increased yesterday)

Just give it a try. Everyone's different.

Isn't the flax in the morning not good? new
      #186209 - 06/14/05 09:19 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I would think that the morning meal would need to be more SF based before taking flax. Do you take any SFS before the flax? Is the cereal you put it in SF or IF based?

I'm tying 2 tsp of flax in my cereal, but I'm afraid maybe this isn't the best (safest) way to start out my day? But without being able to handle any SFS so far, thought flax would be a worth a try. I put it in my cream of brown rice cereal with a cooked peeled nectarine.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

No, it doesn't. Soluble fiber can't make anyone with IBS more constipated. new
      #186242 - 06/14/05 10:31 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Sometimes people don't take a high enough dosage, or they don't take the time to gradually increase their dose, or they stop taking laxatives at the same time they start taking a SFS. Or they aren't eating enough (or any) insoluble fiber foods.

But soluble fiber (ALL soluble fiber - Acacia and otherwise) just regulates bowel motility and normalizes water content. Different people have their own favorite varieties, and the dosages people need can vary as well, but there is no such thing as soluble fiber making constipation worse. It's literally a physical impossibility unless someone has a disorder like slow transit constipation where they simply have little or no peristaltic movement in their gut, period.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Augie, the way you're doing this should be just fine. -nt- new
      #186244 - 06/14/05 10:32 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: No, it doesn't. Soluble fiber can't make anyone with IBS more constipated. new
      #186250 - 06/14/05 10:41 AM
badlydrawnboy

Reged: 03/01/05

Heather,

Thank you for this clarification. As someone who has not found any relief from constipation with a soluble fiber supplement, I´m very curious to know if I´m one of those unlucky folks with the "slow transit constipation" you describe. I´m about to have a "sitz marker" test with my GI doc - will that tell me what I need to know? How can I rule it out (or in)?

Also, what would be the treatment for constipation caused by very low motility in the intestine?

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks Heather..but new
      #186262 - 06/14/05 11:14 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I was worried that because the cereal is cream of brown rice, that it wasn't SF enough for the flax.

I thought this would be too much IF first thing in am??

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 186464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review