All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Incredibly sad news
      #181731 - 05/27/05 10:18 PM
crystal2

Reged: 02/26/05

I started the acacia a few days ago and haven't felt better in years. I was so excited and felt like finally I was getting a grasp on my health and the future was beginning to look very optimistic. Then today I received horrible news, I have breast cancer. Should I stay on the acacia or get off of it or does anyone know. I am a wreck right now and suffering anxiety attacks and have been crying all day. None of this can be good for me. Please pray for me. I am a single mom with two children. I hope this post makes sense.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Incredibly sad news new
      #181732 - 05/27/05 10:23 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I am so very sorry. You are facing a lot right now -- make sure to come over to the Livingroom for lots of support. My gut instinct is that because acacia is just a dietary supplement -- just a concentrated form of what things like bread and rice give you, and not a drug, that it should be okay. The last thing you need is your IBS to flare up and make your life more complicated. HOWEVER I do not know anything about absorption of drugs and how fiber interacts with that, so definitely talk to your doctor and find out.
prayers for you and your kids,
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Panda new
      #181733 - 05/27/05 10:28 PM
crystal2

Reged: 02/26/05

Thank you for responding to me. I appreciate your kind words.

{{{hugs}}} new
      #181734 - 05/27/05 11:27 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ohmigod. At least these days they are so good at beating breast cancer!

I agree with Panda. I'd continue with the Acacia and the diet...and just let all your doctors know about ALL the supplements you take.

{{{hugs}}} My thoughts are with you and your family.

Oh no! new
      #181758 - 05/28/05 08:18 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

What terrible news. I am so sorry for you. I have my fingers crossed that everything will be fine for you and yours in the end. Hang in there and be brave.

#181760 - 05/28/05 08:31 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so sorry to hear this. I just wanted to let you know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Janey

#181795 - 05/28/05 05:17 PM
beacon1961

Reged: 02/28/05
Loc: Marlton, NJ

I just wanted to say that you are in my prayers. I am a single mom too and I know how hard things are when we are not sick. I hope you come here often and you can email me directly if you want. You are not alone and I pray your anxiety passes soon.

Hugs and well wishes,

Mary

--------------------
It only takes a few committed people to change the world!

Oh wow, that's very sad indeed!! new
      #181798 - 05/28/05 05:42 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

First of all, HUGS to you, and there ARE survivors, and everyone knows single moms are SO survivors.

I know nothing about the acacia. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

#181804 - 05/28/05 06:30 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

You poor thing!

I don't know about the acacia, but I can't see why it would be a problem. That would best be answered by Heather, I think.

As for the cancer, like SoreTummyMommy said, there ARE survivers, and hopefully they caught it early. Even if they didn't, there is still such a good hope for you, with all the research being done these days.

Good luck to you, darlin. I will keep you in my prayers!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#181811 - 05/28/05 07:08 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm so sorry! I think the acacia will be fine. Do you have a good support group, friends and families, who can help you during this time? I think it's good that you're crying, but please know this a battle you can win! And post here or in the Living Room when you need some extra support. I'll be praying for you!

#181820 - 05/28/05 09:24 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

so sorry to hear that my thoughts are with you for sure....from one single(ish) mom to another...let us know how you are doing

#181828 - 05/28/05 10:52 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

im very sorry to hear that

im sure acacia and heathers diet will be fine to follow b/c it could relieve some additional and unneccessary pain that you definately dont need! good luck *with everything* and post as much as you want anytime you need support *HUGS*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Incredibly sad news *DELETED* new
      #181832 - 05/28/05 11:27 PM
FreeThinker

Reged: 05/28/05

Post deleted by Heather

I will pray - and I would ask Heather about the Acacia new
      #181844 - 05/29/05 06:16 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

It is sad - and scary. We will be praying for you here though. Know that you aren't really alone. Keep us posted.

My heart goes out to you... new
      #181877 - 05/29/05 01:05 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and I will keep you in my thoughts. Don't worry at all about the Acacia - it can only help you, and cannot hurt.

Also, there is a hypnotherapy CD for women dealing with breast cancer, by Mike Mahoney, that is just excellent. The Estee Lauder and Susan Komen foundation for breast cancer are trying to make the CDs available to women - your doc might know about this. There's also info on Mike's site here http://www.breastcancercd.co.uk/

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#182028 - 05/30/05 02:03 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I am so terribly sorry to hear about this. I will be thinking of you and your family during this incredibly difficult time.

In addition to letting your doctors know about any supplements you take, you also need to make sure they know about any other health problems you are having, including the symptoms that led to your diagnosis of IBS.

Please take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless. -nt- new
      #182057 - 05/30/05 04:44 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

I too will be praying for you...if you are interested in healing scriptures, please let me know. ~nt new
      #182059 - 05/30/05 04:47 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#182103 - 05/30/05 10:57 PM
Nick_OZ

Reged: 05/30/05
Loc: Australia, Brisbane QLD

Quote:

I have cured myself from Lyme Disease and Hepatitis C and now, VERY PROBABLY, after reading this web site, IBS!)

Free thinker, care to share some of this information in another thread, or even better - PM me !

Sorry for hijacking this thread but FreeThinker has PM's turned off or I dont have PM access for whatever reason.

Sorry to hear your bad news on Breast Cancer. At least it's good to know that modern medicine has great success now with such issues.

#182104 - 05/31/05 12:35 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

I have just read your post and I am very, very sorry to learn your sad news. From today onwards I will be saying a very special prayer for you daily. I know how hard it must be for you. Can your friends and family help? It is but natural to cry my dear so try and calm down, keep your chin up and fight this disease out. Love Jenny

#182144 - 05/31/05 08:26 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

Almost 2 years ago I went through a time where there was a question on whether or not I had breast cancer - but it was ruled out. It was not an easy time for me. I can not imagine what it is like for you. Where do you live? I live in Massachusetts and after several appointments within my local area - I went to Boston to an elite breast center - and I still go there. They are great. Be sure you find the BEST possible care for your cancer in your area. Will keep you in my prayers. Anne

#182196 - 05/31/05 10:40 AM
Patricia Buzo

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: Minnesota

I am so sorry to hear this! As if you don't have enough to deal with. You are going to be such a strong roll model for your children, and if they don't realize it now they will when they're older. You may feel weak, and not capable of raising kids, dealing with your tummy, and now this but I truely believe you are stronger than any "normal" person could ever be.

--------------------
Patricia Buzo
IBS-C and Crohn's Disease

PMs is turned off permanently... new
      #182411 - 06/01/05 04:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...as it was taking info away from the boards.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review